How to install alarm?

Hey guys, I’m picking up one of these today:

http://www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/default.asp

The 3.5 RSX.

It’s brand new but I’m wondering if the instructions there will be sufficient or if I need some 240 specific stuff? Any links to help me with the install would be great, cause I sure as hell don’t know what I’m doing.

Thanks.

Also, really dumb questoin: what does it mean if an alarm is 2 way ?

ok, you need to get it done by a pro.

I’ll install it for $100
Call James at MSSC 905-270-3166

Well I was hoping to do it myself, just for the learning aspect of it… is it really THAT bad?

you can try, no doubt. But if it fails, it could lead to a few irritating problems. Best get it done right the first time around.

Vadim, I would definitely let James install that one for you for 100 bucks. You’ll see what kind of a mess there is with the wires w/o even beginning to install the alarm…

You will be fiddling with a lot of wires. $100 is dirt cheap, i say u get it from him. Buty if your do it urself, dont blow ne fuses =]
Futureshop charges $200+

I know 100 is a good price, but the reason I want to do it myself is to learn how this shit works, instead of just dropping my car off and then picking it up with everything all fine and dandy and me having no clue wtf they did…this is the reason I bought a 240, to do shit to it and learn from it not to just give it to poeple to do the work for me…

However, if I do for some reason decide to get it installed I’ll go to scribbles for sure, very nice guy helped me over PM about my door lock issue before :slight_smile:

You deffinatly need to find out what colour the wires are in your 240 and where to find these wires. Theres all sorts of wires you need to find and understand what they do. Constant power, accessory, relays(can be confusing). Your 240 is a good starter car for trying to wire a alarm. Benz’s with vacume doorlocks and volvos…Screw that i wouldnt even touch those cars. you may as well pick up a DVOM(digital vold ohms meter 30 bucks)…a test light is ok but wont help much in some areas just get the DVOM. Next look in the instalation manual for your alarm and cut off any wires that you dont need but leave some wire left if you decide to use some of their other options. Some alarms you can control your windows sunroofs strobes or any 12v accessories etc etc but you dont need to hook them up. Match up your wires from the alarm unit according to the manual to the wires of the car…goodluck…its messy, awkward and most of the time very fusterating.

Alright, thanks Devin…where would I grab the site/whatever to tell me where those wirse are in the 240… would the FSM have them ?

12 VOLTS white + ignition harness
STARTER 1 black/white + ignition harness
STARTER 2 black/yellow + ignition harness
IGNITION 1 black/red + ignition harness
ACCESSORY 1 blue + ignition harness

POWER LOCK orange/black F driver’s kick panel To operate, open (cut) the org/blk wire and the doors will lock, pulse the same wire to ground and the doors unlock.
POWER UNLOCK same wire F To operate, open (cut) the org/blk wire and the doors will lock, pulse the same wire to ground and the doors unlock.

PARKLIGHTS POSITIVE red/blue + back of dash dimmer
PARKLIGHTS NEGATIVE -
HEADLIGHT grn/yel, grn/blue + steering column
BRAKE red/green + brake pedal switch

DOOR PIN red/white - courtesy light
TRUNK PIN red - sw. or light in trunk

TACH yellow/red ecm pass. kick panel
LEFT FRONT UP/DWN green, blue driver’s door switch
RIGHT FRONT UP/DWN red/white, red/black dr. door or kick panel

HORN green/white - steering column
WIPER lt. green/red - steering column

RADIO 12V red/black + radio
RADIO SWITCH blue + radio
RADIO ILLUMINATION red/blue + radio
POWER ANTENNA black/red + radio
LEFT FRONT SPEAKER brn/wht - brown radio
RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER blu/wht - blu/yel radio
LEFT REAR SPEAKER purple - pink radio
RIGHT REAR SPEAKER red - green radio

Thank Adam Shift_ka24det for searchin it up at work and posting it.

Awesome ,thanks guys :smiley: