So I bought an alarm system.

Just something basic, the Fusion F-2000 or something.

I have no idea how to install it.

Where’s the cheapest place to have this done (future shop, best buy, a mom and pops audio place, etc.)?

Who wants to help me for a small amount of pay?

Where did everyone get there’s done?

Don’t make the same mistake I did. I went to the “cheapest” place I could find and wound up with a very sloppy installation. This was a well know professional shop and I had to go back 3 times just to have the wiring problems ironed out…not cool. Eventually I wound up with what I wanted but the headache wasn’t worth the 50 bucks I saved.

Do your homework and keep in mind that most shops will treat you like garbage because you’re bringing in your own parts. I’ve learned my lesson and this is one area where I won’t cheap out on again.

If you do go to a professional installer make sure they don’t cut corners. Insist that they install the alarm stealthly and sodder all the connections. What’s the point of an alarm if a thief can pull a handfull of visible wires and disable the whole damn thing in a couple seconds.

I got mine done at Best Buy (Scarborough Towne Centre) and was happy with it, and they told me to come back if any issues at all & covered by warranty etc. You’ll just pay a bit more, but probably worth it.

and if possible ask em to integrate ur alarm wires with the existing wiring looms…kinda like a camoflauge technique

never pinch a penny when it comes to alarms…see its either u save $100 from installation or lose a $10,000 car

I’ll do it. if you want. I used to be an installer with futureshop. But I freelance now and cheaper too :slight_smile: I can hide it and make it look like it’s not there.

I would refer you to the place that did mine but he is not cheap at all, at the same time you will not ever question your self if your alarm is working good and if a car theif can disarm it or by pass it. This guys work is golden, he runs wires and sensors in places that would take forever to get to, he hides back up batteries and back up sirens in places that you could never get to but he spends all day on the car and he also charges for his time but like I said his work is unreal. I think paying a little more for a good alarm and a great installer could end up saving you a lot of money in the long run. If you are interested just PM me and I will refer you over to this guy but like I said be prepaired to spend over $600.00
In your case you already have an alarm but he probably won’t want to install a Fuzion. He deals mainly with highend things. Im usually not the type of person to always spend money on highend stuff but for a good alarm I don’t mind spending a little extra.

never, pm me. my friend owns a car audio store and can help you out with a good price

he’s in scarborough, on kennedy

go see farmer at altered sound. he knows his shit…

905-844-5459

his real name is brian btw. always has good prices.

Brock

Where ever you go make sure they Solder…future shop and best buy use ghetto splice connectors and their soo worthless…sure keep some in ur car incase sumthing goes wont but ONLY use as a temporary fix. Always always solder. if u havnt done much with solder try soldering two scrap wires together and pulling them apart. If done properly the plastic coating will start slipping/peeling off the actual wire…and more than likley the wire will break at the ends of your soldered joint. With those splice connectors and driving around they will shake themselves appart possible short sumthing out cause fire maybe?
-Devin

solder is not always necessary. At FS we never used cheap little plastic connectors. My bay wasn’t the #1 store in canada for 3 years for nothing.

I’ll hook you up right if you come to me.

Crimp connectors are for Lazy guys. At future and bestbuy they use them to speed up installs so they can offer better pricing on labour since it doesnt take as long for an install. A soldered wire could easily hold a 40pound weight bouncing around try that with a crimp connected wire. I work at a cutsom shop i see cars with hack jobs all the time. it doesnt take much longer to solder a wire then crimp it. And in the end ull never have a problem with your connections.
-Devin

I never do. I suppose I’m an exception to your ideals regarding FS and BB not that I support either of those rip-off companies. trust me, I know what I’m doing, and how to do a quality job.

hey scribbles i sent u a pm about some work i need done . lemme know heh.

How much are you looking for for the install?

It’s just a super basic alarm system and i guess it’s got the power door lock module too? I dunno.

There’s no remote start, no pager system, and it’s easy as hell to program. I’ve got the instructions and wiring schematics in the book that came with the alarm.

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/products.php?action=view&product_id=102

That’s the link for it.

I got somebody that can do it for cheap and he is close. He did mine and did a good job.
PM me if your interested and I’ll give you his #

Nissans are simple. The doorlock relay is quite easy to rig up as its a single wire lock/unlock. I dont have access to paint to make a pic or diagram of the relay wiring ive done for my car. ive got 3 relay setups for my car one for the doorlocks one for the 2 starter wire ignition for romote start and one so i can trigger the alarm if the hatch is opened from that little light in the right corner of the hatch…i did this just so i dont have a hoodpin in my trunk visable. When xmas break for those who still go to school is around ill have my computer and do up a nyce How To thing for alarms and romote starters and the relay info. I kno this will make everyones life a lot easyer when it comes to wiring an alarm…its all about finding the right wire testing if its the right one and understanding how it works…if u can understand Ohms law you wont have a problem with wiring sumthing such as an alarm/starter.
-Devin

Ahhh ha ha what the hell are you talking about bestbuy using crimp connects.

Those arnet even allowd to be seen in my bay, Solder and Heat Shrink…

• PEACE OUT!

I don’t know anyone who has ever needed to use Ohms Law to install
a Basic Alarm or Remote Starter heck any Alarm or Remote Starter.

I had my 1st stereo installed at best buy in heartland. few months later a speaker went out in the back followed by another one in the front a few weeks later. I thought when the 1st one went i blew a speaker then the second one went i thought wtf went back to best buy. They fixed the problem i asked what it was and they said it was one of the crimp connectors on the back of the deck in the dash…it was covered by them and he said he taped them up to they wouldnt wiggle loose under everyday driving. So bestbuy doesnt use those lazyman connectors??? im glad your bay at your bestbuy soldered and heat shrunk thats the way it should be done. i geusse some of the other stores have not cought up on this yet. and this was maybe a year and a half ago. So who knows maybe sum select stores do solder. In my area they sure dont i just see hacked up jobs coming into the shop mainly from best buy not too much futureshop.
-Devin

i used crimp connectors on alot of the installs i did…never had a problem…i used tube crimps not the spade ones