Automotive Wiring Help Needed

It’s been quite some time since I’ve posted on here, but I’m still around. I am looking for someone who is really good at automotive wiring who can follow a schematic. My 1995 Dodge Neon ACR had an alarm installed into it a long time ago, before I owned the car. The install quality was not great, although its never been a problem until now. The alarm brain was removed years ago because all I see is a plug where it used to connect to. Anyway, I was under the dash last week installing my wideband harness and oil pressure gauge and I bumped some of the alarm wiring. Now my car will not turn over when the key is turned to START.

I am looking for someone who knows what they’re doing to come over here to my heated garage and completely remove the alarm mess, and reconnect everything like factory was.

Please let me know if you’re available to fix this mess, I will pay you and feed you if necessary. Text me 716.247.0344 or PM me. Thanks!

Justin

Maybe try PM’ing Luke_L?

pm goff, he’s good at wiring, exp if u got a diagram

I have the factory service manual for the car from Dodge to follow.

this is one of those things id be down to try to tackle… it would take a bit but im sure i could make it happen if youve got the factory service manual.

Well, do you know what you’re doing? Haha I’d rather not have an amateur play with wires under my dash, unless they really are experienced. If you’re experienced, then that would be awesome.

well all you need is the aftermarket alarm removed and the wiring put back to stock right?

Yes.

This should be fairly easy. Remove the scotch locks from the tapped wiring, tape up the wire where it was tapped. There will be one or two wires that may have been cut and spliced, those will just need to be connected back together via solder and shrink wrap or a crimp connector.

Im afraid it looks much more complicated than that, my friend. There’s even a relay in there for some reason.

I misread your post, I thought this was a remote start.

Either way, that relay is probably part of the wiring harness for the alarm, and would come out when you un-tap all the wiring for it. Have any pictures?

it sounds like if there was an alarm there may have been a starter kill wired in. if you have the book showing wire diagrams try and find the starting system wiring. look for the starter wire that goes to your ignition switch. see if that is cut with a wire going to each cut wire.

I can take some. Gimme a few mins to go outside and snap some, and I’ll post them here.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

If I wanted to fix it myself, I’d have done it myself. I don’t do wires. Hence, me asking for help.

check the yellow wire that goes from your ignition switch, this is your starter wire. follow it till you get to the cut in the wire. there will be a relay wired into it. just get rid of the relay. the 86 terminal is your ignition connection so when you disconnect that cap it off so you dont blow a fuse or anything. your 85 terminal should be going to the wiring harness of the non existent alarm. reconnect your yellow wire and you should be golden

Here’s the pics

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541529_10151509185056672_2104681448_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/522647_10151509185191672_247892358_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/482882_10151509185256672_670855344_n.jpg

if that red wire from that relay is not connected to a 12v power source that may be your problem… but instead of just adding more hack just eliminate your whole starting mess with getting rid of the starter kill relay.

That red wire becomes hot when you turn the key to START. Don’t ask me how I found that out. LOL

ha it happens. start with going from your ignition switch and follow that yellow wire. you def have a mess there.

Yeah…I’m looking for someone to come fix it/remove the crap.

where are you located? is this something you need done ASAP? I’m busy till sunday