Alarm Install Help

Hey guys,

I have a question about installing an alarm. I seem to have everything functioning with my alarm, except for one important thing. My alarm is programmed automatically enable itself after 15 seconds of my car being shut off. This is so that if I do forget to arm the alarm when I get out of my car, my ass is covered, and the car is armed and locked. My problem is that, the alarm is unaware the car is running, so I will disarm my alarm, and get in the car, drive down the street, and 15 seconds into the drive the alarm arms itself automatically. So my question should be universal no matter what car alarm anyone has installed, every car alarm will have a ‘tach input’ wire, which is used to allow the alarm to tell whether the car is on or off. So my question is I need to know where/what wire that is on a 1992 240. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks alot.

Problem Solved!! Thanks anyways guys!

did u get my email?

hope it helped dude (Y)

FYI usually you splice into an odd colour for a fuel injector…each one will have one wire the same as the other three…you splice into the wire that is diffrent than the others.

Or an oil pressure switch but ive never done that.

ya but i doubt he wants to run a wire from under the hood to inside the car