Stock Tachometer Signal Input Wire

So I recently installed my Haltech Pro Sport 1000, and was wanting to utilize the stock tachometer (Car is a '90 Canadian S13 hatch, had KA-E in it, now has SR20). It currently doesn’t work, although it did when i had the KA in it.

I set up one of the outputs on the Haltech as the Tach signal output, and was wondering if it was possible to wire my stock tach to that output instead of having to use an aftermarket tach.

If this is possible, does anyone know which dash wire is the tach signal, and if it goes to the dash plug? Not really wanting to tear my dash apart to get to this wire.

I did a little research on this before but didn’t really find anything concrete.

Thanks,
Dan.

I don`t know if hooking the Haltech up to the factory Tach will work or not, but I looked in the FSM for the tach wire. It is a yellow/red and tavels across the width of the car to near where the factory ECU used to sit. I think it is a white plug with maybe 10 wires in it. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, I’ll try wiring that up as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully it works… I want to get rid of that monster tach I have right now lol.

should work if not you can get your signal from any one of the coils.