1977 datsun 280z sbc 6 spd swapped

Other info I should probably add. The tach. Is not calibrated, and the speedo. Does not work. I never bothered finding a solution for a speedometer other than using an app on my phone to tell how fast I was going. Surprisingly I never have any issues with state or local police.

Do these issues affect its ability to be launched hot into the brakes…?

Not one bit. And the 4 piston Toyota calipers on the front work wonders.

Then I see no legitimate concerns here. Carry on.

Thanks for all the interest guys, the car has been sold. to Robftw. I’m sure he’ll get a lot of fun out of it.

too bad.

Looking forward to a thread involving him, a 280z and cops.

yeah, it is inevitable. hopefully that thread doesn’t involve the car wrapped around an immovable object. but hey, money in my pocket. I have no worries.

Don’t worry guise, i already blew it up

but seriously i was just cruising and the oil pressure dropped instantly and it started shitting out blue smoke, pulled it over and let it cool down… shits seized yo’

i don’t blame john, or myself for this it just sorta happened. Stock bottom end chevy ftl i’ll be getting a new block tomorrow and hopefully have it back on the road by next friday.

other than that, for the short ride from elma to hamburg it was a blast and i’m happy with the car.

Didn’t the same thing happen to the RX-7 you sold?

That was fucked because the OMP was bad. And i wasn’t going to spend 1500$ on a new one, the s5 engine was an electronic controlled one :frowning:

if it was an S4 i could have got away with block off plates and premix

edit:

And the puerto ricans who i sold it to blew it up, not me

Wanna sell it as is?

Maybe it’s because you were driving like a fucking jackass in orchard park

Yeah i saw your cool kids club circle jerk, and no it wasn’t from that. About an hour and a half later i went to take it to my dads house… cruising down rogers it decided to fuck itself.

I just heard back from my buddy, i’ve got a block already and i’ll be tearing it down this weekend. Also got a 100 shot nitrous kit for it, gotta buy the plate tonight.

already sighted?

Yeah, they blew it up on their way home.

saw them at the icecream place so i got on it for the first and only time, didn’t have any problems with it just driving it around for the next 45 or so mins after that.

i got to my apartment, let it cool for about a half hour and then left to take it to my dads and boom.

It could have been a number of things, older engine (completely stock bottom end) which was beat on all last summer etc etc. i bought it with intentions to build up the block anyway this just sped it along

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I could sit and argue with you fggts all night but i’m not gonna bother.

I’ll put up a build thread tomorrow and keep you all updated on the glorious damage and rebuild process

haters gonna’ hate

I was getting taffys lol. It was blowing blue smoke all down the road though, i personally thought it sounded really nice and looked clean. that is shitty that it happened

Time to LS swap it.