1978 Datsun 280Z **NEW PRICE**

I’ve had this car for a few years, done a lot of work to it to get it back to street-able condition, and haven’t been able to enjoy it as I had hoped.

Bottom line, this is a 20’ car.

For those that don’t know much about these cars. . .
1978 Datsun 280Z - Last year of this stellar body style
2.8L Straight-Six
4 Speed
Rear Wheel Drive

The good:
-~80K original miles
-Fires right up and runs strong
-Shifts through all the gears well
-Solid body, some rust although no holes
-Mid 140’s compression straight across the board
-ALL NEW suspension bushings (Energy Suspension)
-New MSA 1" drop Springs
-New KYB struts
-CRX seats
-Full tune up done - plugs, wires, cap and rotor
-New battery

The OK:
-Some surface rust
-Body isn’t completely straight, needs some work
-Some blow-by when its cold (smokes a bit till it warms up)
-Heater core is disconnected (bought it like this and never tried to hook it back up - could be shot?)
-The master brake cylinder seems to leak sometimes, just had to top it off once a summer or so - I have a new replacement that will be included with the car.
-Carpet could be replaced, but isn’t all that bad
-Dash is cracked, but there is a cover on it right now, looks great
-Tires are in decent shape, no problem lasting through this summer
-Modified exhaust - was rusted from under the seat out the back, so I just added a section and a glass pack and exited out in front of the driver side wheel - actuall sounds pretty good!
-Someone did a budget paint job on it before I picked it up, engine bay is still light blue, inner doors are green though.
-All guages work (minus the clock, but thats normal w/ these cars)
-CD player w/ new rear speakers (not very loud, its more fun to listen to the car anyway :wink: )
-Front passenger light bucket was busted up, so I replaced it with a used one (no new ones available lol) and shot it with some Jade rustoleum, actually looks half-way decent.
-Wipers don’t work (toasted motor) but I never drove it in the rain, so I didn’t care.

The Bad: (the usual Z rust)
-Passenger side frame rail is rusted through in a few spots - aftermarket rails are available for ~$100, but I never got around to fixing it
-Passenger side floor could use some attention when the rail is fixed (rusted, but not through)
-Rust hole beneath the battery (inner fender)

I have a clean and clear title for it. I have a hand full of spare parts that will go with it, fuel rail, injectors, stock seats, airbox, new master brake cylinder . . .

When I replaced the bushings, springs and shocks, I took out EVERYTHING, sanded/blasted the parts, and shot them with black paint (see the pics)

With the suspension upgrades, this thing handles like it is on RAILS!! It is a ball to drive and turns heads everywhere.

The front grille has been replaced since these pics as well, ignore the awfull rustiness.

Pics
Bringing her home. . .

Money Shot . . .

Underneath. . . That exhaust is gone now. . .

Mustache bar. . .

Rear control arms. . .

Front Suspension. . .

Interior. . .

Exhaust . . .

Ok, its in my way and needs to go now.

NEW PRICE: $1,750

COME AND GET IT!!

That’s a sweet car, and a good price. GLWS

God I love these cars, I would love to pick one up for a project

awesome!

Damn I wish I was home. I think the fiancee will kill me if I have 3 personal cars lol.

You know what lemme think a few things through, are you free anytime today if I could come take a look at it?

I may be interested in picking this up

i deff. regret selling my 77. GLWS

WANT!

GLWS, fun project for sure.

Think about it and let me know. Im walking out the door right now to do some running around, but will be around mid-afternoon. Drop me a PM and I’ll check in from my phone later.

This car is friggen handsome!!!

alright, that works cuz I won’t be availible till 3:30ish, I’ll let ya know

I really don’t want to get rid of it, but it doesn’t get used much and the longer it sits, the more difficult it will be to continue a restoration.

Hot car. That would make a sweet project.

Awesome price…glwts

i love that color, and that’s pretty clean

glws

thats a great price for that car. if i didnt have all my money tied up into my bmw i would jump on this.

Sounds like an awesome deal for a clean s30. If you want I got an old 5 speed just laying around I’ll probably end up tossing out that you can take.

Thanks for all of the interest guys. Motocross just stopped by to take a look at it . . . still available. . .

I took it out around the block after he left, and man is this thing fun to drive!

I guess I didn’t know what I had when I started the price at $2000 :banghead: guess I won’t be going any lower.

I’ll keep that in mind, would almost make it worth keeping if I had the time to swap it in.

Yeah just got back from checking this out. Solid solid car. Checked over all the stuff above mentioned and I can say this thing would be awesome given a little TLC. We saw you take it around the block, sounds very good lol.

I’ll keep ya posted about the situation, should have an answer by tonight.

crap, why is the timing never right with stuff like this lol