Datsun questions

i happened to see a little blue 280Z on the side of the road and i think its the coolest car. it appears to be in decent enough condition… couldnt get the hood open i think the latch was broken. under it there was still paint, not to much rust or anything, the exhaust is beat to hell, dash is cracked the trany seemd to be all right got into and out of gear fine, the rear end looked ok too from what i could see… so i dunno im lookin for a cool little project car. any info on these cars would be much appreciated… i think it may have been a 77’ PM me please if you know anything about these, wether it be where to find parts, or if they were just shitty/good cars. im very intrigued. :smiley:

These are horrible cars. Stay far away from them. In fact, tell me where you saw this car for sale and I’ll make sure you won’t have to lay another eye on it again.

But, if you still want it. do it up. First and foremost, check the front frame rails and under the car. Chances are , it WILL have plently of rot. Then check the floor boards. If little or no rust is evident, scoop that bastad up! I’m rebuilding a 77 myself, been busy the last month but check the DIY section here for progress.

The 240/280z’s have been my all time favorite cars, even before I purchased one. I’m on my 3rd right now.

put a nissan V8 in it and TT it.

hahah the engin is pretty damn clean acctuly, i got the hood poped it was just stuck pretty good. i just drove back to look at it again … i couldnt keep away. car only has 75,XXX on it too… that doesnt sound to bad to me. … but id say a boosted 6 or a small v8 would be much more addiquit :headbang:

those cars are awesome. scoop it up if its in good condition

my first car was a 77 280z and well we juse got rid of it because this guy offered a reasonable price because i didnt have thr money to fix the car.

the gears in my head… and my bank are allready in motion… id just like to get someone that really knows about these cars/ body-frame work to check it out and see what im up against.

I bet you were opening the hood in the wrong direction

lol

^lol

go to newmans shop and take his RB and throw it in there…WOOOT

newman has a shop?

i have everything.

an RB would blow my mind right out of my dome. and noooo i had the hood at the right spot… just didnt push the latch the right way :roll2:

horrible cars. terrible handling. outdated styling. heck even a new dash will run you $6-700 used. Bad seats. rust-bucket-jap-crap. i wouldn’t recommend one.

For the most part, he’s correct, which is why you don’t see too many of them. Styling? Yes, outdated, but not to be outdone. These cars are “teh sex” when built, and even stock, they look great. More reason to want one. :wink:

FYI, all the cars from that era are poor handling rust buckets with bad seats :lol:

im pretty sure that coldaccord is joking.

according to him, he was passing 300zxtt’s in corners all day in his

i was man. with just tokicos and stock springs. stock braking sucks, stock accel sucks (unless you go 2.8t or swap). but they handle great.

and there are a ton of brake and suspension options out there.

and i really like the styling. i think with a drop and some wheels, and a few subtle changes, these cars are hot as f00k

but no, i wasn’t joking. don’t buy one. noone buy one. they suck. there are already enough people on here copying my e30 steez. i dont need people copying my 240z steez too. beyotches. betta recognize. top playa hata from korea, Fyuck Yeau

word. i need a lead on some heavy water… say about 1000 gal.

Buy it.Shitty old imports are hot.I would know