Someone pick this up. 280z!

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/3211199019.html

Wow, wonder what the floors look like. If its clean so worth it.

thing is sweet

It is begging for a swap of some sort!

you don’t swap these you keep the factory motor and tuck the few wires they have. it looks awesome that way

That works too! lol.

$1000 for a 280Z…I have my doubts…

Oh fuck me…

Areas to look for rust: Frame rails, battery tray, dog legs, floor boards, rear hatch.

If you can do some metal work and know your way around a basic engine, this is a good buy. These cars are a ton of fun, even with the stock motor.

sitting for 15 years on the lawn= Flintstone floorboards

Was looking at the ad again, that is a Zap Edition. Roughly 1000 were made in 1977. Zaps had special yellow paint, different ‘racing’ mirrors.

from wikipedia:

In 1977 and 1978 respectively, Datsun offered two special edition models. The “Zap” edition was offered in 1977 as a “Special Decor Package”. Zap cars were finished in Sunshine Yellow paint, and sported black stripes down the center and sides, with yellow, red, and orange chevrons at the front ends of the stripes. An estimated 1,000 “Zap Z” cars were offered in 1977. The “Zap Z” model was also used as the pace car in the 1977 Long Beach Gran Prix.

280’s are not as sought after, still popular because they still have that look but there kind of like the red headed step child of the S30 chassis

I’m sure it needs some metal work, but wouldent suprise me if you could have a running driving car pretty easily

I talked to the guy this morning. he said it was his neighbors car and the old lady wanted him to scrap it. they threw it up on a flat bed and realized the frame and everything was still in good shape. so he threw an ad up to see if it would go quick. seemed legit but who knows with people now days…

I just learned how to do a headstand so I could look at the pics in the ad.