Value of '79 280Z?

Just wondering what the value of this car is…

1979 JDM RHD Fairlady Z (280Z)
Imported in 1984
64,000 original kilometers
Mint Condition

I was offered it in trade for my SRT-4…

Mint around 10k to mid teens if I had to venture a guess.

240s were more sought after iirc.

DO ET NAOW.

Oh nice man!

Do it then LSx swap it

pictures?

Waiting on them… Elliot did research and I guess the JDM Z’s had no body style change. So I guess it looks like a USDM 240Z

280zs are considerably heavier than early S30s, I’d go for an early 260z (first 1.5 years of production I think), it has chassis reinforcements that the 240z doesn’t have but it doesn’t have the hideous bumpers and extra weight that the later 260zs and 280zs have.

www.hybridz.org always has some pretty nice S30s for sale, project cars, “survivors,” RB cars, VQ cars, LSx cars, 2JZ cars, etc.

I wanted one before I got my eeeeeeeeeMR2 but I didn’t have time for a project and didn’t wanna splooge on an already complete swap/restoration.

But srs, a clean, swapped, early-production 260z with euro chrome front and rear bumpers = sex.

280s are butt fucking ugly. Do not want.

280z (hideous bumpers and turns)

http://www.september8th.com/CLASSIFIED/Dartsun240.JPG

240/early 260z with nice bumpers (euro, though, the US ones are still pretty ugly but at least the euro ones bolt on without modification) and nice turns.

edit: and no side molding, either.

http://www.zcargarage.com/images/1971-240z-blue-on-the-track-475x356_hook-007.jpg

I wouldnt do it.

rhd, ls1/termi swapped=cool car

why rhd?

No way would a Cobra motor fit- way too wide.

The engine bay is enormous, look at it dwarfing an LSx…

Trade my 300 for your neon, so I can trade for the 280?

4.6’s are alot wider than LS1’s

And there’s a lot more room in that engine bay…

Not to hard to make em less ugly…

if the thing is 100% and mint as fuck, itd be 100% worth it…

If a clean motor swap was done and the car looked cash getting some serious coin for it wouldent be to difficult.

Honestly would be an awesome car to have.

Jim won’t do it anyways

why rhd? because it is and its cool and unique. annnnd about the termi motor, i was just being nice to you ford owners so i didnt hear “here we go with the lsx swap bs”

Just about anything will fit in an S30 engine bay, people do SBCs all the time, I can’t imagine a terminator motor being much wider than and old school SBC