Value of '79 280Z?

It’s a trade offer. I’m not looking to buy one.

More info…

Hey there…

Unfortunately I dont have many good pics but I planned on getting the car out tomorrow, I can get some then.

As for the car…

-79 Nissan Fairlady Z - US Equivalent would be a 79 280ZX 2+2.
-2.0L Inline 6 (L20E engine code) which was a motor only available in Japan, US only had 2.8L.
-Almost 65k kilometers, roughly 40-41k miles. It sat in a beat down POS garage for 22 years before I acquired it.
-Interior has NO rips, tears, etc. Dash has NO cracks at all.
-6-2-1 Header and exhaust is the only thing I can find that werent stock when I acquired the car.

Over the summer I picked up a set of 15x7 Konig Rewinds with new tires, I still have the original wheels from the car that also have like new tires, about 200 miles on them. The car originally had fender mirrors and the original owner had converted to door mirrors when he brought it back to the states, so I picked up a set of knockoff fender mirrors over the summer as well.

I have receipts from all work performed to get the car back in tip top running order 2 years ago. All new gaskets, fluids, injectors, gas tank, etc. Also has a brand new clutch. Almost $3k total.

The car is titled, plated, no issues there. I honestly dont know how many of these exist in the states, but its not many at all. I’ve seen a couple online that are “barn finds” that are pretty tore up, nothing like mine. I just recently went to a National Z Convention in Nashville, TN (trailored the car) and out of 700+ cars I was one of 2 RHD and the other was a different body style all together.

I can’t thing of much more right now, if you have any other questions plese feel free. I will get better pictures tomorrow, but these will give you an idea.

A good photo when I had the wheels and tires put on, before the fender mirrors:

VIN Plate

A recent pic from the convention showing the fender mirrors and the original Japanese license plate

Let me know what you think and if there’s anything else you can think of please ask…

Thanks,
Brian

Oh fuck no thats an S130 chassis

STAY THE FUCK AWAY

If the thing is totally mint, with minimal surface rust (there will be rust unless it’s been restored. places to check are under the seats, the dog legs (behind the doors) the frame rails, and under the hatch) with original motor, I’d say it’s worth 10-14k, depending on the details. If it has an un-cracked original dash it’ll be worth closer to 14k as its VERY hard to find an un-cracked S30 dash (seen them sell for 1K on hybridZ before).

S30s have a TON of potential. There are kits to swap in LS motors, VQ35 motors, RBs, KA/SR, 2JZ, etc. Pick your poison and go with it.

As far as look. Ditch the huge bumpers and either go bumper less, or get 240z bumpers. Front lip, wheels, and a slight lower and it’ll look cash. Get fender flairs if you want a more aggressive look.

EDIT: Just saw its a S130…similar things apply, just looks worse, lol.

JDM or not, selling this thing for a decent ammount of money is damn near impossible…

Not to mention, it’s ugly as fuck and not 1 thing could be done to it to make it look less hideous…

Jim, I will personally punch you in the dick if you do it.

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW MUCH IT WAS WORTH!!!

that thing is pretty damn ugly

I love it. I think its worth about $14,000.

I was under the impression it looked like a 240Z. I’m not even remotely interested in it now, regardless of how clean it is

240zs are sweet, Id love to build one one day, but that THING is butt ugly

If it was an S30 I’d do it in a heartbeat, a really clean S30, and done with a clean swap can get some really good coin and would sell pretty quickly…

Especialy if it was a JDM one

You couldent pay me to take this downs syndrome inbred cousin though

If he wants to trade it for an srt-4, I don’t think it’s worth much.:rofl

poop brown dash FTMFL!

S130s are hideous, they make the 280Z look like a work of art.

I really don’t understand why you think 280’s are hideous? Their almost Identical to its previous variations, mostly cosmetic differences, differences none the less that can be fixed quite easily

Making a 280 look good is easy. Take the bumpers off, done.

The tails/side markers are a little differant as well

a 280Z can be made to look like any of its older brothers with a little cash and about an hour worth of time

At least there not like MR2s, those things always look like a pile of shit.

or 300Zs
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Oh wait :cry:

If I remember from reading like a year ago there is more drilling/rewiring/modification than you’d expect to convert a 280 to 240/260 stylez. And the S130s are a lost cause.

I can safely say that my MR2, as dumpy as it sits, looks better than any S130 that I’ve seen.

Fagget.