1979 Corvette

Trying to gauge some interest in my 1979 Corvette. Bought it in May, drove it about 300 miles. Just sits and collects dust mostly. It’s a driver, not a show car, but overall in fairly good shape. Body is in fairly good shape, was repainted within the past few years to a dark gray metallic color. Has minor nicks around headlights and slight peeling near rear wheel well.

The car has about 104k miles. Engine runs great and auto tranny shifts smooth.

Needs some minor exhaust work, a little interior work, and some vacuum lines replaced/adjusted. But otherwise it’s a solid runner and is currently running and on the road/inspected. It’s a car that can be driven while you tinker with it.

Just don’t have the time or desire to do anything so I’m looking to let it go to someone who will give it a little more attention. Looking for $6500/best offer. Would consider trades.

Great color

I don’t know what happened to the pics, maybe someone can help me out here

When you take pics you want to get more of the car in frame, not just parts of it.

This is Dirk Digler’s car, all I need is a massive schlong

Whats the drivetrain? 350/350? Looks good

It’s all there, you just need a big monitor until the monkey gets the image resizer working again.

You can open your pics and resize to 640x480 of smaller and re-upload. They will show up correctly on all resolutions. Can also right click and select view or download to your PC to see the entire image.

Only half the car showed up for me as well on my monitor - all I did to fix that was right click on the picture and open in new tab. Then i could see the whole thing. Looks pretty damn nice.

last bump before it gets too cold out, lowest i’d go is $5500. otherwise i’m putting it away til spring. trades considered.

bump

great looking car and glws …random question what seperates this from a stingray ? my neighbor has a yellow one with black stripping, but he claims its a stingray looks to be the same generation

the stingray name was introduced in the 60s with the split window vettes because they somewhat had a stingray appearance, and the name kinda stuck around til like 75 or 76, and the difference was mostly just in the body/bumpers once the generation turned to the c3. i think toward late 70/early 80s there was a mako instead of a stingray.

I start the bidding at $5.

Love this body style, just buy a crate motor to drop in and you got yourself a car with some balls

http://www.corvettemaster.com/shark_history.htm
I have seen all of them in the Ren Cen when they were hyping up the C7.

BTW nice car, looks like fun. GLWS

ttt for maybe getting warmer at some point in time, maybe