1980 Yamaha XS650 Cafe/Brat style $1000

ASKING $1000 FIRM

I just want to start by saying I do not post on here often, BUT all of the work I have done on this bike was done with/by/or under the supervision of focusinprogress.

I have this bike for 5 or 6 years now. I originally purchased the bike from Walker. I rode the bike here and there but not really as a daily driver. This year I purchased a new(er) motorcycle. I no longer have time or place to store this motorcycle. It currently stays at focusinprogress’s house and he would be very happy to have it out of there.

So onto the details. 12,xxx miles. This was a project started by walker that Nick and I continued with. We painted the motor, wrapped the exhaust, and made a seat out of fiber glass and yoga mat.

• The good

• fresh oil change

• new spark plugs

• new chain and sprockets >200 miles

• new gas tank

• new grips

• integrated tail light

• new smaller front turn signals

• manual petcock, the xs650 from this year originally had a vacuum operated petcock that were very problematic.

• The Bad/weird

• I had to charge the battery this year , seems to be holding a charge but i cant be for sure

• the bike is setup to be riden from the passenger pegs, there is a reach to apply the rear brake and the shifter is flipped (1 up 4down)

• the baffles for the exhaust fell out one day while i was riding, I made new baffles out of plumbing parts.

[video]http://youtu.be/qCPHKJ2nIYQ[/video]

Feel free to call or txt me 716-352-0011

ASKING $1000 FIRM

I would just like to point out, that the motor in the bike is not the one that was in it when walker sold it to kyle, as that motor had a cracked head that was attempted to be repaired with JBweld and RTV…I sourced a very healthy motor from a junkyard and freshened it up and installed it for kyle as a birthday present 2 or 3 yrs ago. This bike really does run GREAT now. If he wasn’t holding onto it when I wanted to build a bobber out of one of these I would have been the owner of this instead of the one I built.

my first motorcycle

its hard to believe i bought almost 12 years ago…

I like it.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I am an interested buyer. PM me if possible.

your best bet is to use the phone number he listed, as he mentions not spending much time here on the forum. If you’re actually interested, just call/text him instead of basically asking him to chase you down to ask if you actually would even buy it.

Thanks for the help. Will do.

I can’t believe I’ve had it for almost 6 years

bump
make a offer