1986 toyota corolla gts coupe

1986 toyota corolla gts coupe
i owned it for 3 years this past christmas.
a little over a month ago i blew up the newly installed and barely driven turbo’d GZE and since don’t have the drive

to fix it. i have found myself in a bad place with this car. i don’t want to get into fixing it and i just want

something new. with that said, i am puting this car for sale as BEST OFFER and if i get a good offer i will sell.
also, this car is going to go with a lot of extra’s from rims and tires to random parts and a full 4AGE with tranny

(the old motor) and full engine wiring harness.
if i sell i want it all gone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/wheenor/for%20sale/86%20corolla%20gts/Picture103.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/wheenor/for%20sale/86%20corolla%20gts/Picture104.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/wheenor/for%20sale/86%20corolla%20gts/Picture077.jpg
(these three pics were taken at the event i damaged the motor. most recent pic’s i have.)

body:
i’m the third owner of the car, it has always been an Ontario car and was stock when i bought it.

• 140k on chassis.
  • i’m not going to say there is no rust, the rust that is left is nothing to be scared about.
  • originally black and car has been over sprayed once before i owned it. paint is a little orange peeled in some small area’s but doesn’t look too bad overall.
  • there is a small dent on the drivers side rear 1/4
  • another small dent on the driver side front fender.
  • some paint chippage and surface rust on the bottom of the rockers and around the fenders from being rolled.
  • trim on pass side door is not attached to the door but included in the sale.
    • windshield has two stone chips. they were there when i bought the car. haven’t spider ed yet.

chassis:
all parts installed over the winter in 06/07 and driven on all summer 07 and last year 08)

• PROTHANE poly bushing kit (no loud squeaks)
  • K-SPORT slide control coil overs with camber hats
  • KAAZ 2-WAY (always serviced and locks like it should)
  • used OEM gear set last summer installed and set up by a professional.
  • 86 tuning fender braces (and front tow hook)
  • OEM tie rod ends and ball joints
  • jobber replacement gas tank and filler neck (sending unit was rebuilt when the tank was replaced.)
  • D-GARAGE front strut bar

interior:
again, most of the work was done before or during the summer of 08, some other stuff is new as of this past winter.

• stripped carpet and rear seats plus doors. (no cutting)
  • rear seats and door cards are still here in good condition, they will be sold with the car.
  • cheepy “YONAKA” blue seats on good custom and reinforced non adjustable seat rails.
  • rear trunk has been blocked off by a one piece sheet of steel. riveted to the car, also, speaker holes on the rear deck are covered.
  • ENKEI light weight spare in the trunk (out of an RX-7)
  • rear bins from FC RX-7 custom cut to fit where the back seats used to be. took carpet off them (fibreglass construction) and painted everything black.
  • battery relocated behind the driver seat in one side of the bins. all cable is new and olny used for a week.
  • custom made gauge pod sits in the middle of the dash where the clock used to be. all painted black and facing the driver.
  • 3 brand new PROSPORT gauges with hoods
    • Blue/White Mechanical Boost Pressure Gauge-52mm
    • Blue/White Oil Pressure Gauge-52mm
    • Blue/White Water Temperature Gauge-52mm
    • Water Temp. Sender Radiator Hose Adapter
  • AEM wide band UEGO A/F ratio gauge sits above the key cylinder on a custom pod built on the top plastic steering column cover.
  • ebay leather dished steering wheel 320mm with deep dish
  • ALPINE 4" speakers in front
  • random 6X9’s on the floor in boxes in the rear
  • PANASONIC CQ-3305U head unit (plays mp3s and has remote and face plate thingy too)

brakes:

• 88 ROTORS, drilled and slotted front and rear.
  • HAWK HP pads front and rear
  • reman OEM calipers on all four corners painted blue with high heat caliper paint last year.
  • SS braided brake lines (from PDM)

wheels and tires:

• 4 stock snowflakes (no tires)
  • 4 ghetto finished black and silver supra’s (very used FALKEN ZIEX ZE912’s 195/50/14)
  • 4 new (less than 20klms) SPORT MAX 002’s with center caps (brand new FALKEN ZIEX ZE912’s 195/50/15)

engine/ extras:
i bought this motor and all the extras in the fall of 08 and installed it over the winter 08/09

• TURBO’d GZE with rebuild OEM AE86 trans (motor is knocking pretty badly but idles fine and starts first try every time.)

• i was told when i bought the motor it was re-ringed and has a COMETIC metal head gasket and ARP head studs

• big port head with GZE cams

• custom top mount tubular turbo manifold

• 38mm external waste gate from VW with custom dump pipe

• GREDDY BOV (plus EBAY spare)

• TUBONETICS hybrid T3/T4 turbo. custom for application [spools super fast]

• DENSO 450cc injectors

• custom 20 valve engine cover

• shiny new motor and tranny mounts

• HUGE FMIC (12x3x30 , 2.5’’ aluminum/ss piping, re-enforces couplers w/ t-bolt clamps.)

• ACT extreme clutch and pressure plate

• TURBO XS DTEC [w/game boy] piggy back engine management. [fuel computer]

• TURBO XS electronic boost controller

• TURBO XS knock light

• oil catch can with ss braided lines

• full turbo back 3’’ custom exhaust with SS MAGNAFLOW muffler and resonator (surprisingly quiet)

• universal electric fan from summit racing(14 in. Diameter, Reversible, 1,100 cfm, Aluminum Blade)

• Derale Deluxe Adjustable Fan Controllers with Radiator Probe (Thermostatic, Adjustable, 150 to 240 Degrees)

• painless wiring electric fan relay

• walboro 255 in tank fuel pump

• autobahn 88 2 liter fuel slosh tank (mounted in the trunk)

• MSD 255lph inline fuel pump

• all fuel lines behind the rail are SS braided with AN fittings everywhere.

• new OEM fuel filter before the rail in stock location and new russell in line fuel filter before the MSD in line pump/

• Painless 30131 Fuel Pump 40 Amp Relay Wiring Kit

• perma cool oversize oil cooler with AN fittings and SS braided lines.

• oil filter relocation kit.

• custom brake booster/master heat shield (made with sheet metal and covered in Thermo-Tec Adhesive Backed Heat

Barrier)

other stuffs:
on the car

• custom built front bumper. bolts to the stock location. schedule 40 pipe plus lots of bracing and 1È square

tubing used to mount IC from the top.

• custom IC brace on the bottom. (braces off front cross member.
  • custom “trimmed” front USDM bumper
  • 2 Dori-Kaze stickers on side windows.

also, entire old drive train is included in the sale.

• stock 4AGE
  • NGK spark plug wires
  • blue powder coated valve covers (and stock ones too)
  • magnaflow high flow cat (PDM)
  • used and slippy clutch and pressure plate.
  • OEM tranny in good condition
  • full uncut engine wiring harness (i got a new harness with the new motor)
  • 140XXX on motor, burned oil and leaked from oil cooler line being too big but other than that, it pulled strong.

the bad:

engine knocks (not at idle but starts to knock at around 1800- 2000rpms.)
the story goes like this. after finishing the engine install and literally taking the car around the block and then immediately loading it onto my trailer to drive south 5 hours into Michigan to go to a drift event, everything seemed to work like it was supposed to. boost was coming on quick and peeking at 8 psi, waste gate was opening and scaring young children. at the event. i was just out there to have fun and ran the course 3 or 4 times and at the end of my last run i wanted to kill the rest of my already used and torched rear tires so i did about 6 doughnuts around the last cone, shifted to second and headed down the rear strait towards the exit sideways tagging the rev limiter and as i let off the gas and pushed in the clutch my knock light started blinking red and orange lights at me. FUUUCKKK!!!
i let the car coast to the pit and pulled in behind my trailer. at idle everything seemed fine but as soon as i approach 1800 - 2000 rpm the knock is loud enough to hear outside the car and the knock light goes all haywire. i let the car cool down before turning it off and came back about 30 mins later only to get the same result so i pulled it onto the trailer and watched for the rest of the afternoon.so there she sat in my driveway for the past month and some. i don’t have the patience to fix it. i can’t even look at it. i am far too stressed out to continue worring about it and i want to drive something this summer.
i’m not forced to sell for any reason, just looking for a change.
you could either swap in the old motor and part out the GZE or sell the old 4AGE and rebuild the GZE.
the car is solid and just needs some TLC under the hood.

build thread here:

http://dorikaze.com/showthread.php?t=17771

tons more pic’s here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v125/wheenor/for%20sale/86%20corolla%20gts/

i’m going to put it up here for sale as BEST OFFER.
if i hear a number i like i’ll consider selling and contact you.
im also interested in trades, must be RWD and MANUAL.

thanks for looking,
.brian.
wheenor@gmail.com

lots of vies, not even one offer on this site?
this car won 2nd best mild toyota at DMCC toronto car show last summer.
it’s not a show car, i wanted to drift but couldn’t get a truck to tow my trailer down to toronto.
i’ll tell you what, $7500 OBO and will deliver to toronto area.

thanks for looking.
.brian.
wheenor@gmail.com

hey there. im interested in your corolla. im wondering if you would be interested in any trades?

i have an 89’ Silvia slicktop (no sunrrof)
no body work ever, underbody can be eaten off of
enitre chassis was painted with POR-15
oem nissan midnight pearl metalic blue (TH1)
full body kit
full cage
front wheel wells are tubbed
full engine bay wire tuck, engine bay is pink with blue sparkle
stock SR20DET with s15 spec-R t28, hks 12lb actuator
front mount intercooler, Tial 50mm bov
full 3" apexi exhaust with a legit high-flow metal core cat
s14 rear subframe with mint vlsd
30mm z32 front brakes
braided ss brake lines all around
full rear multi-link (bings)
white Advan RA3-DT rims, 17x9.5+18 all around with great tires (awesome fitment)
megan street coils
bings adjustable short throw shifter
deepdish crome grant steeringwheel
s14 cloth seats
aem eugo wideband, also has some shitty boost gauge

it starts on a dime everytime, drives awesome, never overheats, i just got an alignment. and its been revinned so it has a canadian vin for super easy insurance.

im sure theres more but to give you an idea

id obviously expect some cash on top on your end, but if you are interested and want to see some pics let me know. id also like to see more pics of the corolla.

give me ah call i have ah gtir pulsar awd im delroy 647 830 6161

Lol Delroy you’re embarassing the islands my boy.Grammar and sentence construction please.

Brian I sent you an email.

i decided to keep the car. sorry

sad face*

cone eater.

ok thanks