1987 Auto Trader...check out the prices

I just got a new printer/copier/scanner and I figured I’d try it out. I had this old Auto Trader from my younger days, lol. For comparisons sake, a BRAND NEW Mustang GT 5.0 from '87 ran about $12-14K depending on options. A 1987 IROC ran about $13-16K depending on options. If you take the price listed on the pics and multiply it by 2, that would be a rough idea of what the equivalent price would be today had the market not exploded.

nice

:eek:

wow!!! the GT500 sells for more than 20 times that

Yep. The funny thing is, at the time my mom was in the market for a used Corvette (she had 2 when she was younger). So, we were trying to find her something for around $8000-$10,000, so I bought this Auto Trader. She ended up getting a real nice '76 Stingray with an L82 for like $8000. She could have bought that LS6 Chevelle, the 440 Magnum Charger and the 383 Road Runner for the same price, lol. Little did we know back then.

that 67 firebird on the cover is nasty as hell, my favorite body style of the camaros or birds by far

Give him a call, maybe he still has it, LOL!

How much do time machines cost? I need one for many reasons!

lmao i know i was actually pondering it for a minute but then i realized that it was like 21 years ago and the price would prob be like 20 times as much lol

I remember looking at a 1967 nova ss…thing was mint, just a great car in 1986…Guy wanted 3k, I figure I ask my dad for the cash. He laughted at me and said why would I pay that much for a old car like that…I could not get enough cash together, I was not 16 yet, and min wage was about 3 bucks a hour. Thats like 1000 hrs of work without spending any/tax, just was not going to happen. I still think about that car, I use to drive about 4-5 miles on my bike to go see it…
At the time cars from the 60’s were not that popular, its like seeing a 20 year old car today…like a 1987 monte or mustang…

ughhhhh 69 t/a for $14k!!! sonuvabitch. why must you tease me joel…

looks like the scanner works well…

damn those prices are nice…

i want to be in 1987 with money!

68 charger hemi, man that is really cheap

man you’re not kiddin, 68 hemi R/T worth mega $$$$$$ especially with those options, tic toc tach and center console, you don’t see a lot of.

The only cars in the magazine that were expensive were the 'Vettes. It is full of them, but they are all like 20,000+ which was a lot back then.

lol…how about we called these people to see if they still have it!!! lol

That’s pretty amazing. Makes you wonder what cars are going to be in high demand another 20yrs from now.

Rarest one on there is the first. A COPO for thirteen Gs. Joe is gonna shit himself square when he sees this :lol: Also don’t understand the GT500 with rebuilt 428 ad that mentions “Boss 302”. What?

“Low production number, high appreciation value” = :tup:

Yea, he posted them on my site too. Crazy cheap. I’d get a $100k loan if those were todays prices. Hell, I’d find investors and get a secure place to store them for a bit.

13k was a lot of money for a classic car. I got my 69 back in 1994 for $1500. Ad was BS. It was a 307, not a 327. And it wasn’t in excellent condition. I would say good at most since I had to replace both rocker panels and the windshield cowl. Oh yea, it had 9 layers of paint on it too. But it was only 3 blocks from my house :slight_smile: And it was a nice addition to the 57 Chevy that I owned at that time too.

Here is the original ad from my car from the Tonawanda News.

Funny thing is back then you couldn’t even give away Mopars.