1988 IROC Vert 59k miles $4500

Well…to many cars and time to get rid of one.

This car needs what I would call a minor restoration (my other cars are major. As far as I can tell, the paint, top, etc are original. Car is completely original except for the hooker headers and the black powder coating on the intake/plenum/valve covers. I have the original manifolds and related parts.

Engine - starts up great, no smoke, accelerates great, runs well at speed. It does idle rough when warm and throws an EGR code. I have new EGR valve and some other parts to fix, but have not installed them yet.

Drivetrain - TPI with Auto tranny. 3.42 POSI rear. Rear Drums. Tranny shifts nice - firm shifts under hard acceleration - may have had a shift kit installed at some point. Tires are almost new, but the 15" rims aren’t great. I have the original 16" 2 groove IROC wheels.

Cosmetics - it needs a new top since the back window has crumbled away. It also could use the soft trim. It needs some interior work, but it’s in good shape. Drive seat has a 1" or so tear. It also needs the radio wired back up as the after market one was spliced in and then removed when sold.

The car spent time in Florida and North Carolina before it was brought to NY in 2000. The external body has no rust anywhere. Only spots I could find are the rear floor pans where the passenger’s feet would sit. The car had a leaky rear window that the previous owner couldn’t figure out. The carpet would get wet in that area and it rusted both sides about 6"x6". These were patched, but I would cut it back out and do it better. Back when it was patched, they did not reproduce floor pans for these. The rest of the floors are great.

Take a look at the RPO list and Invoice on the web site below. The car is well optioned.

I drive it on the road now, so it’s road worthy and would pass inspection as brakes are almost new as well. The EGR issue makes it hard to stop at red light, but once this is fixed, it will be awesome.

The price is set at and very firm at $4500 due to the issues, but will be a great low mileage car when fixed up. Low mileage IROCs with the G80/G92 package and this color scheme have been selling well.

Lastly - spoiler is probably not GM factory, but it’s been on the car since it’s very early days - probably dealer installed when new. I like it better than the small spoiler, so it has stayed on.

http://www.thesherwoodgang.com/cars/88camaro/
http://www.thesherwoodgang.com/cars/88camaro/pics/

I might consider a trade for a LS1 Fbody. I would trade this and my 1994 LT1 formula for a LS1 car. The 94 Formula is here - http://www.thesherwoodgang.com/cars/94formula/formulafrontleft.jpg

-Dan

more info on the lt1?

Did you ever get rid of those 65 Rivs?The Iroc is very tempting but I’m trying to get my old 86 back.If that doesn’t pan out I may get ahold of ya.Need something to tide me over til the ZR1 comes in and wifey keep yelling about driving her Sky
Derek

98FoRmUlA - LT1 is a 94 with high mileage - around 160k. I’m the third owner I believe. I bought it from a lady in OH that was in her mid to late 50s that used as a DD. Fairly well taken care of. Engine runs perfect except for the annoying exhaust leak at the back of the driver side manifold. Accelerates great, idles perfect, no smoke, engine noise, no check engine lights, nothing - like it has 80K. Definitely never abused. I did put a new tranny in it - surprised the original lasted this long. Her husband works at a repair shop in OH. Plans for this summer include headers to fix the exhaust leak (might as well) - maybe LTs - haven’t picked them out yet. Auto tranny, 2:73 Posi (I have series 2 3.42s), PW, PL , PM, AC, T-Tops. I’m not looking to sell this outright - only if I sell the convertible 1st since I will need to for a LS1. I don’t need to get much $$ for the Formula, but it’s my play car until I can replace it. Maybe foolish as I think the convertible will continue to go up in value - less than 10k of them made from 87-92 with about 3200 in 88.

Derek - yes, I sold both 65 Rivis last year. The dual quad setup sold for what I consider alot of money, but I didn’t mind. I really liked the black one, but the wife didn’t:( Heck, with a ZR1 on the way what are you looking for an old slow 3rd gen for? If I had the $$, the ZR1 would be my choice - I’m cheap, so it’s old stuff for me!

-Dan

The zr1 won’t be here at least until the end of summer at the extreme earliest and I’m guessing over the winter sometime.Been trying to pick up something cheaper in the meantime(77-79 T/A,Iroc or GTA,stang) just for a summer beater or I’m going to put alot of miles on wifeys sky and have a mad wifey!!!
I’ve seen dual Quad set ups alone go for $3K.Pops has one on his 65 GS Riv.
BTW, you know Mike deemer or Trai baes?I’m guessing you probably do.
D

thanks for the info, yea i was asking cuz you said possible trade for an ls1 fbody…

I’m definitely interested in LS1 trades. Just that without trading both or selling, I don’t have much extra $$ to throw in.