1990 dodge d250 cummins

I like this project!!!

wayne what do i gotta do to get some coal rolling!

do a little research on cumminsforum.com there is an adjustment on the pump that controls preboost fueling. Crank it up then it rolls coal, but you do realize that soot is just unburnt fuel right? I would get a boost, pyro and trans temp gauge in there before you go too crazy. I actually have the old trans temp gauge from my ram if you want it.

i have a b&n trans tem p gauge im looking for a boost and oil pressure one too i dont wanna rely on the stock on because its not working all that well, i know i have awesome oil pressure i hooked up my snap on one to it and it works but the one on the dash is shot,( already replaced the sender)

id like to replace the exhaust aswell i can get a 4 inch turbo back for about 290 but idk if i want a stack or just out the back the way it is now, im really torn between the two

I had stacks on mine. It gets old quick and I mean really quick. Single stack is gay and a legit pair will set you back 400-600 bucks and they are a total pain in the ass to align and then shift out of place over time. Keep it simple and get the 4" turbo back and then take the $$$ your saving and get yourself upgraded intake and exhaust manifolds.

Alright will do… Just ordered the glowshift gauges oil boost and a matching trans temp, would u get a full straight no muffler exhaust or one with a muffler?

without a muffler its gonna be obnoxiously loud. My brother straight piped his Cummins Ram and I could hear him coming from a mile away (for real). He ended up putting a muffler on it and its still a little loud but not as bad as before.

-rep

It won’t be that loud. Grow a pair and run the 4" straight pipe with no muffler.

No I didn’t really neg you paul

yea im thinking im just gonna get the no muffler exhaust… the best exhaust for a turbo is no exhaust anyway

He had no muffler, no cat and a bigger than stock downpipe with a Bullydog on it and it was really loud.

Taking off the cat made it louder than taking off the muffler.

yall have no fucking clue about obnoxious loud, that thing won’t be anywhere near close to it. The straight pipe is going to be one of the best things you’ll ever do to it.

Wayne = Everything straight piped, LOL

For cereal, I think you can modify the fuel plate to get this pig to roll coal.

I have no cats or muffler. It’s loud but not obnoxious, I love it. With I could hear a turbo spool tho…

Can’t hear it due to the exhaust being loud? Or just can’t hear it in general? I dunno how it works for diesels but usually an intake will fix that haha.

he cant hear it because his truck is missing a turbo and diesel engine haha, i found the exhaust on summit with a muffler for 60$ cheaper then the same exhaust without a muffler on ebay. i think ill just get the one with the muffler and cut it out when i get it

I’m an idiot :banghead

Lol

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/dom300zx/Snapbucket/37131D59_zps65c975cb.jpg

Got a tri fold cover off of Craigslist tonight for cheap not made for my truck but it fits!

And when I got home i saw a box at my door, I’m shocked the gauges got here within 24 hours of being shipped
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/dom300zx/Snapbucket/CF3E21DC_zps9a202a9a.jpg

Keep us posted on how those gauges are. I was looking at getting a few from them.

I’ve installed them in friends trucks a few times and I haven’t seen any issues, I’m not going all serious on this build just want a nice truck to tow with so I really don’t need a set up like I got in my car, I think for 149$ shipped to my door for 3 gauges and a pod is a awesome deal