70mm Z71

[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][ATTACH=CONFIG]21145[/ATTACH][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Helv]Getting outta the car scene but not completely just toning it down some. I like my truck a lot and by nature I cant be part of the masses. Every other truck has dual exhaust and a CAI. Well those are cool and all but I wanted to be at the next level. So I bought a turbo kit from Trick Performance. Its a Stage II with some extra goodies. Depending on how much time I can spend in the shop this week, I plan to have it up and running for the drive into work Monday. Make sure all the tweaks are worked out and everything works then run it out to New Era to have it tuned by the best. I already talked to Mike and he is ready and willing.[FONT]

[FONT=Helv]From what I’ve read the base boost on the 6lb WG spring should put me just under 400 wheel. That is more than enough to have fun with for a while. Once I build up the gold chest again I’ll upgrade the fuel system and trans to handle 12 psi and let it eat. Final realistic goal is to have the truck paid off in the next two years and own a 500wheel DD truck on 93 that I can tow, road trip, let friends and family borrow to move crap. Then buy something cool to really beat on.

Here is the kit - http://www.shop.trickperformanceproducts.com/Stage-2-GM-turbo-kit-Stage-2-GM-Turbo-kit.htm

[/SIZE][/FONT]

lol

Post a picture of the truck so I can use it on the 1/4 mile list!

Awesome

Nice

Edit: NM I didn’t read the whole thing lol

Your allowed to edit posts. Damnit onyx lol

The other upside to this is those motors are stupid cheap if anything ever happens or you decide to crank the boost.

This is a diplacement on demand engine correct? How well do these hold up to boost? I remember reading somewhere that they are not nearly as boost friendly as the lm7 / previous gen 5.3. I have the same truck, its getting tempting to start playing with mine, but the damn warranty is holding me back :confused: This will be an awsome dd when done, and thats a nice looking kit for the price.

You’re*

At first I was thinking 70mm throttle body

You turn off DOD…the lifters suck so don’t rev it too high.

:tup:

if mike says its ok, im gonna keep it. I kept it with the NA tune. and it works. mileage is 20 average on road trips @ 75 mph.

it should be fine with DOD active, when cruising its under vacuum, once you basically touch the throttle it kicks back to V8. it will not allow me to boost in V4 mode.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

this is why i bought a turbo…give me strength ha ha

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

wont allow me to upload any more pics

X…

youre not getting out of the car scene, youre just finding its way more fun to make a truck fast then making a car fast…haha

keep posting updates on this :tup:

Good stuff

You are out of control! Pay it off first before you hurt it.

ill be trading it in for a mini van when its paid off

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/9081-1987-Chevrolet-Astro.jpg

Aw, thats a cute little turbo.

yessss!