1990 dodge d250 cummins

if i had this truck it would be dropped 3 in already lol

Your thinking about the wrong style pump. The plate mod is on a P7100 pump not the older VE rotary pumps. I would strongly urge you to not fuck with the fuel curve on a non intercooled 1st gen. It’s a good way to cook the valves.

I def am not going to mess with anything power wise I want a good running truck :slight_smile: and the dmax I wanna get will be lowered on 21.5 inch alcoas :slight_smile:

no i was reffering to my brothers he has the p pump.

my freind has the ve pump with the fuel pump jacked up he hasnty had any problems and he was driving it to r.i.t from gloversville every week. seriously through the more you do the better it will run and it may get better fuel milage

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/dom300zx/Snapbucket/45A1B1A1_zps2bc967f7.jpg

Got my cummins stripe on tonight! I love the look

what wheels are you planning on

I know '94+ wheels wont fit unless you bore out the center a little

I’m not sure yet but maybe a set of fuel wheels or 3ed gen wheels I just need a set of spacers with 9/16 studs

That is a bit of a misnomer. Yes mods like exhaust and intake manifolds will increase power and reliability, but just jacking up the preboost fuel settings isn’t going to do much other then make it a little snottier and waste a bunch of diesel. There are replacement aftermarket needles for the VE pumps, but they aren’t an easy swap like a fuel plate on a P pump. Either which way the first mod should always be a full set of gauges, which Semir has but it doesn’t look like they’re on the truck yet. I had ATS intake and exhaust manifolds on my P pumped 97 with a mild plate and that was a fun truck to drive. The exhaust manifolds are definitely a great part, but they are pricey.

Also for those of you wondering here is a link to a cumminsforum article on how a VE is rebuilt.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/89-93-powertrain/57935-ve-rebuild-pics-look-inside.html

Yea I’m not doing any kind of performance mods until i install the gauges just haven’t had time, ill try to get to it tomorrow, im not going to use the pillar pod, they don’t make one for a 1st gen so I’m going to mount them above the radio somehow

so you’re going to lift a 2wd truck? lol to each their own

yup and your right to each their own, i want to sit as high as all the other newer 2wd trucks so thats 2-4 inches higher then what mine is right now

I have family in south Carolina and when im visiting them i see lifted 2wd trucks all over. Like 6"+ lift. Kinda strange to see them with 35" MTs and 2wd…

Prerunners. A guy I know has a lifted 2wd '71 F100, atleast 4", maybe 6"

i just want it to sit up a bit higher, its a full size truck thats going to be used for towing id like it not to look like its sitting on the ground with a 5th wheel trailer attached to it

^ makes sense to me, i’d do the same.

Exactly. If you’re planning to use it as a tow rig beefing up the suspension makes complete sense.

if your planning to tow add air bags

ive been looking into a air system, and im currently looking at a nice 2 car gooseneck trailer