1991 Geo Metro

Im selling my geo metro. ill take/post some pics tomorrow. 1.0L 5-speed. 167k miles. not the original motor or trans though.

im selling it cause im getting rid of some cars. i just have too many. :slight_smile:

the good:

45mpg all the time, even when hammering it. 50mpg on trips.

pretty clean interior.

decent cheap stereo with sub comes with car. nothing special. panasonic cd, PG RSD 4" dash, ultimate 6x9 in boxes, mtx amp, older kicker impulse 12" in a insanely poorly constructed (by someone else) mdf box that i glued and screwed into being a fairly good constructed, total sealed box. :slight_smile:

i welded in new steel in the drivers floorpan and used rust bullet and sealed the joints with acrylic latex caulk and painted over it with rustoleum hammerite. i repaired some other rust that was under the fenders that was allowing water into the car. the chassis is solid.

free 93 parts geo metro XFI (the insane mileage metro… even better than the regular one) great rust free drivers door. rust free passengers door but it has some dents in it. great rust free drivers rear quarter. car is dented on the passengers side from the previous owner tipping the car on its side to take the steering rack out to be used on a john deere gator lol. (farm car) its dirty but it has a good trans, motor, wiring and stuff like that.

totally rebuilt cylinder head. new headgasket/bolts/top end gaskets.

new timing belt and tensioner last summer.

new rear drivers wheel bearing.

new heater hoses last summer.

new plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor recently.

new air filter a few kmiles ago.

195 deg tstat.

replaced the passenger side mirror with a new one.

replaced the drivers door handle. (broken)

resealed the heater box with weatherstripping and metal window screen to keep critters out.

its an AC car and its all intact but it needs a recharge.

custom trailer hitch lol. i pulled a 4x8 trailer behind the car with a lawnmower and once with some 55gal drums empty with little issue. 1 7/8" ball and 2" ball included. trailer wiring works great. previous owner put real stiff springs in the rear to handle the hitch/trailer stuff so it sits a little high in the back. helps the handling though.

exhaust is pretty solid. i did a little work on the downpipe. previous owner knocked out the cat guts though so it rasps a bit.

the bad:

trans pops out of 1st gear if not held in manually. doesnt like to downshift into 2nd on the first tug. if you bump the 1st gear synchro and then downshift into 2 its fine. no biggie as a spare trans is in the spare car.

burns a little oil and leaks outof the t-stat seal… not the shaft, where the dist seals to the head. its an o-ring. i just never got to it.

windows are a little wierd. you have to help them stay straight as they come up. the spare door windows are fine though.

needs an inner tie rod end on the front drivers i think. it clunks a little on bumps but its not dangerous or anything.

needs an alignment. the stiff springs in the rear cause too much positive camber. they either need clamped a coil or replaced with the stock springs from the other car.

car needs tires cause of the bad alignment. they are 36$ a pop from tirerack for the 12" tires.

some body damage behind the drivers door. can be replaced with the panel from the spare car though. id just hit it with some rustoleum red (matches pretty well)

heat is a little weak when its 0deg out. not bad though.

it aint fast lol. ive hit 90 in it and its fine on the highway but it only ran a 19.2 @ 70 :). yup i raced it lol.

500$ firm

here are some pics from the other night. it was night and the car needs a vacuuming and the mats sprayed down.

Brian

meh… I really should get rid of my GA and pick up one of these… or something similar.

Only 50 bucks a month for insurance.
That’d save me some dough over the year.
and only needs 87… and over double the mileage…
mhmmm.
Damnit.

Pics of parts car?
and you have any idea of mileage on current motor/trans? (I guess mileage on trans is pretty irrelevant since it sucks)

its 18$ a mo for me but i have 4 cars on my insurance right now lol.

no idea on the engine and trans mileage unfortunately. the head was fully rebuilt last summer/fall. new seals and exhaust valves and everything.

ill see if i can get some pics of the parts car tomorrow. it will probably be crappy cell phone pics though but it will give you an idea. its pretty filthy. it was a farm car. that car is located in lockport.

Brian

bump

are folks turned off by the trans issue? i suppose i could swap out the tranny if that would mean a sale. thanks

Brian

PS no “naaah its cause its a piece of shit metro” comments please. :slight_smile: thats what id say, so im sure some of you were thinking it :slight_smile:

I can give you 450 for it. or if you wanna keep the stereo system and sell it on your own 400. is that fair? you have a number mines 315-904-4309. i don’t come on this site much so if you want call or email specvgini@hotmail.com