My 1991 Geo Storm GSI

well, ive been a member on here for a little while, and havent started a project thread so i figured id get on it…

this is the thread for my geo…no its not a 3 banger…and when you see pics i know youll say it looks like a saturn…lol its all sheetmetal dont worry…

but anyways heres how i bought it…

cheap short ram intake (ebay style)
header
advance auto exhaust tip
26" spoiler…way too ricey for me…lol
painted taillights
nasty tick in the engine
partially blown HG
painted interior…not too bad though…
stainless steel gauge bezel

i think thats everything…

heres a link to my cardomain:

what ive done to the car:
tinted the windows 20% front 5% sides and back
17" kyowa racing black rims
205-40-17 rubber
removed spoiler
removed painted taillights w/ stock ones
painted panel in between taillights black
engine swap (same size engine)

thats all i can think of now…will post more pics on there and some on here as soon as i can…

nice mod list.

i was just trying to think of everything that was aftermarket on or in the car…the kid who owned it before me was a hardcore ricer…lol

I used to have one of these. Mine was a hatch tho. I loved that thing…then the radiator cracked on me. Wish I kept the the thing…

:shifty

youre just as guilty as he. you bought it like that and its still like that… :excited

nope…wing is gone…painted taillights are gone…the thing actually runs good now…workin on gettin a high flow cat and building custom full exhaust…as well as building a real cold air intake…

so, yeah. why would you list those “mods” if they arent there? :crazy

Swap something crazy under the hood. Nobody would expect a Storm to be fast.

cuz it’s progress for the car reguardless

“-put on some sweet 17” black rims"

Wait, is this the same as the Isuzu Impulse? Cuz those things are sick.

yes they are…im working on a deal with this kid in ct right now for a 91 impulse rs (AWD/turbo)

Thats a tough find right thurr!

If you get the Impulse? Work on that instead.

thats what im going to do…im going to make the geo the one thats he dd and probably only build it with a full intake and exhaust and probably lower it and other things here and there and have a system and crap like that, and the impulse is going to be built up and be the monster of the two…might take it to lebanon valley once i get it and get some “stock” runs in so i can have a baseline to work from…

lol why are you not doing something badass with the caprice, like juicing it, and wasting your time with a geo?

oh i saw your post on craigslist the other day looking for another caprice… there was one right above your post in schenectady i think for like $900!

yea, i dont want an 86 or 89 or anything…i like the earlier 80s style…that has the 2 4x6 headlights instead of the one piece sealed beam…also has the 3 individual taillights on each side…not the ones that are blended into one big piece…

im going to pull my motor and exhaust out…possibly the tranny as well…havent decided yet cuz the trannys starting to slip…but it might just need a flush and new fluid…idk yet…

and as for messing with the geo…i want to fix that car first cuz im a delivery driver and id rather get 30mpgs instead of 30gpm… :lol

first, the whole front clip is a SUPER easy swap… literally like max 10 bolts. i’m sure the rear is just as easy. I always liked the euro style (89 up) headlights, but i agree the earlier taillights look wayyyy better.

i doubt a flush is going to fix your tranny, usually once they start slipping its all over. worth a shot i guess. easy enough to replace anyway.

i agree on the gas mileage. those old caprices suck.

they do…but i love it so much! lol