50+ mpg

1994 Geo Metro 1.0L 3cyl 2door Hatch back

I have owned this car for about 2 years and i am ready to move on.
Heres how the money was spent.
bought the car for $550 (body now has 190,000 on it)
bought a parts car for the 60,000 mile engine in it for $450
paid a mechanic to swap the engine $400
head bolts and gasket set $140
windshield $230
shox $300,
springs $150
all 4 front wheel bearings were replaced
all 4 rear wheel bearings were replaced
front rotors and pads $70
front brake lines $50
Brake master CYL $60
Both Front brake calipers $140
rear drumb (only needed one) $50
rear shoes $15
rear brake hardware $40
plugs $15
wires$20
cap $20
rotor $10
pcv valve $3
Boch Icons $36
air filter$10
fuel filter$20
exhaust from the cat back $100

the previous owner installed a CD player and i replaced all the speakers $150
picture is with 2"lowering springs in the car. they have since been removed and sold
they were replaced with springs from a 2000 geo metro

on a serious note I drive this car every day and would not hesitate to get in right now and drive to LA

$2000 http://images.craigslist.org/3na3ke3oaZZZZZZZZZ9399f2355c3df38179e.jpg

what you have into it, and what its worth dont coincide…
in EXCELLENT condition that thing is worth under 1000$
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?WebCategoryId=41&YearId=1994&Mileage=190000&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=17&ModelId=506&PriceType=Private+Party&VehicleId=9167&SelectionHistory=9167%7c30274%7c12205%7c0%7c0%7c&Condition=Fair&QuizConditions=

dont like it? dont buy it.

you want to spend less than a grand on a car be my guest, see how far it gets you. However if you want a decent commuter car that starts every time, doesnt tic, doesnt smoke and gets better fuel milage than a smart car or even a prius. This is it.

$2,000 is a LITTLE overpriced from what i’ve seen, by no more than a few hundred though. you should easily get over $1,000 for this. KBB is just a guide.

come on everyone knows Brett has to throw his 2 cents into anything. On another note if your not interested or have advice pm people dont blow thes FS topics off topic

if your interested and want to make a reasonable offer go for it.

oh… dave over at inline performance made the exhaust. welded, none of that c clamp crap

wow man i can’t believe you’re finally selling that. GLWS.

What does it top out at?

bump for a good car. hope it finds a good home.

I’d pay $2k for this if I was in the market. That thing is clean and has zero issues.

Good luck bro.

i did, and she runs great, and doesnt look that bad either :wink:

wait until gas prices go up again and put it on ebay…these cars were getting like 4-5k on ebay just like crx hf’s getting 6-8k…

i would buy it but the words shoe horn automatically come to mind i don’t know why but they do… lol

go to a geo metro performance forum and try to sell it you may get even more, no joke theyre out there, just i dont know why they are but deff looks like a clean car, to bad i wasnt winter, id get it but its nice now and im not worried about gas mileage just puddles and snow:(

has this gone 200 on the northway also,wit a reporter wit ya

reporter was a d-bag. same dude wrote a story about my friend and made up half the shit in the article. My friend was proofreading it before it got printed and he was like woah woah woah basically NONE of this shit is true

this will sell super quick in a few months when gas is back up to $4.00