1993 Mazda RX-7 (FD) UPDATE: 14K!

serious question: trade for an sti plus some cash on your end? pm me

Wait why would you have to tow it? Is it just off the road? Also my questions was specif to a FD/LS1 against a C-5 ZO6. I want the motor and everything looked at first to make sure it is in good order to be sold :slight_smile: Maybe I will do a heater or two first.

Well an rx7 weighs considerably less (mine now is 2700 v. 3100ish for z06s?). Everything else is debateable, stock fd pulls .99 g has oversized brakes and currently sit on an 8" rim (stock size).

The aftermarket for it is so much better though, and if you for example get Quantuum coilovers… there won’t be a single car that can touch it (used on all the RE-Amemiya cars).

I hate seeing this car sit in summer, let’s get this deal done cougarman.

If I buy it, it will not be driven until next year anyhow. :frowning:

You’d probably get way more than you’re asking if you ebay it. Is this on any Mazda forums?

Sort of want to keep it local, I’d rather it go to someone I know even if it’s a loss to me. I’m not desperate for cash so I’m not worried about getting the best buck for it right now. Thanks though, it’d definitely do well on rx7club or ebay.

Well we might have a deal i am just waiting to hear back from him and want someone local who knows these things well to give it a once over. Any volunteers?

Drew if you buy a functioning FD in good condition and swap out the 13brew for an LS1 I will cut you up dexter style.

However, if you buy one with a blown motor and swap a LS1 in it, I will pat you on the back.

Meh architecturally I could do worse things to an FD, however it will do sweet heaters someday.

0/10.

LOL bro don’t hate. Besides if I pick it up it will stay 13b maybe till I blow it up as I am quite house broke as my tenants don’t like paying rent. :frowning:

You know what sucks even more Geehee? This car has all the mods needed besides intercooler to easily swap in a huge turbo, BNRs, anything. All other supporting mods are done and ready to go. :frowning:

V8 boo, I’m hoping him driving the FD rotary the rest of the season will change his mind.

LOL you guys pay for the parts and I’ll keep it 13b till I blow it up. Without a rebuild I really can not believe this motor has that much life anyhow. Which is why I want to sell it while I can!

Bro I paid rent!

And maybe I’ll buy this simply so Drew can’t bastardize it.

Jeff you can relax I really probably will not be in a hurry to swap it. However when the 13b lets go now way am I staying rotary. Knowing the way I drive I doubt this thing would hold up more then a month lol.

Aight, I can get down on that.

Going to the bank tomorrow morning. :slight_smile:

I still need a local FD guru to give this a once over. I will compensate you for your time.

I would nominate addicted2boost

this is a beautiful car. did u buy it from West Herr Mazda?

this exact car was traded in there the day i was getting warranty work done in 2006 or 2007. beautiful machine, great purchase choice!

Beating on a rotary is how you keep it clean. It’s just a turbo though so you have to warm it up/cool it down. N/A rotaries last just as long as N/A V8s.

If you were truly baller you’d get a 3 or 4 rotor. :wink: