1995 BMW 540i 5spd (RWD V8) $3800

Price reduced for quick sale $2,995.00 Thanks!

http://brianhanley.smugmug.com/photos/i-NvP2Pvg/0/XL/i-NvP2Pvg-XL.jpg
http://brianhanley.smugmug.com/photos/i-nKVj9gR/0/M/i-nKVj9gR-M.jpg
http://brianhanley.smugmug.com/photos/i-gfKNwLq/0/M/i-gfKNwLq-M.jpg

I am selling my BMW, and thought the best way to list it would be to simply copy and paste from the person I bought it from. I drive it to work every day with a smile on my face. Because of the differential in this car, it does 0-60 in under 6 seconds. It pulls very strongly in every gear and yet still returns reasonable gas mileage. It is Oxford Green Exterior and Medium Parchment interior. Only selling because I bought another BMW and only have room in my life for 1.

From the original ad:
Back in November of 2009, I swapped out the original (3.0L V8) m60b30 engine and replaced it with the biggest motor available for an E34 5 series an m60b40 alusil block (4.0L V8). The new engine conversion increased the horsepower in the car from 215 to 282! According to Bavarian auto recycling (a huge BMW junkyard in California) claimed the engine had 100,000 original miles that is still under warranty I believe. Before I put the engine in, I completely resealed the intake manifold with all new gaskets and oil separator plate. I also replaced the valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, rear main seal, clutch pilot bearing and engine mounts while performing the engine swap as well as flushing out the coolant system and power steering with fresh fluid. During the summer of 2010 I replaced the following parts: new front and rear drilled and slotted brake rotors with ceramic pads, A/C Belt, New ASC Bowden Cable, New Battery, Upgraded 750 IL thrust arm bushings,cabin filter, 2 new Bosch Oxygen sensors, and new Front Performance Bilstein Struts. I am a mechanic that has over 10 years experience in a European repair shop, so you can rest assure that the conversions and repairs have been handled correctly. This car has been my personal project for over the past year and the only reason why I am selling is because I am looking to get involved with another project. I have all the receipts to prove the work I performed and the previous owner’s service records. I also have a clean car fax in hand to give to the next owner. The car is really a blast to drive with the 5 speed manual transmission and nearly 300 hp! Could either be a great track car or daily driver. Enjoy the benefits of a 540 for the insurance rates of a 530!

Other options include:

Power Steering, Power 4-Wheel ABS Disc Brakes, Power Locks, Power Windows, Cruise, Tilt, Aftermarket JVC AM/FM CD stereo, Traction Control, Dual power heated seats, Power Mirrors, Dual Vanity Mirrors, Power Sunroof, Factory Aluminum Wheels, Tan Leather Interior, ABS Disc Brakes, Fog Lights, Dual Air Bags, Falken Tires 225/60R15, Has Factory Keyless Entry System but has no remotes, Full Size Spare Tire, Car is Prewired for Factory CD Changer/Subwoofer and BMW Cell Phone.

Problems:
Hood Has been repainted due to peeling, needs to be buffed out.
Minor Scratches on Front Bumper, the usual dings and chips from 16 years of driving. Passenger doors were resprayed and have slightly dull finish tpwards the top.
AC Needs to be Recharged."

Since I bought the car I have had a new windshield installed, replaced the front pads with ATE OEM brand and replaced the wipers. The valve cover gasket was leaking due to a faulty non-return valve so I had that, as well as both gaskets replaced and it doesn’t leak anymore. Since the stock exhaust was whisper quiet, I removed the muffler and replaced it with a magnaflow muffler. It isn’t obnoxious or anything, it just sounds like a modern day V8 should.

I also have tons of receipts from the owner who drove it while it still had the 3.0l engine and apparently price was no object with him. He spent thousands on the car, and loved it as much as I do.

Car is Located in Latham NY. Comes with clean Car Fax Report.
Thank You
Brian

Lots more pictures here:

http://brianhanley.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW/18604009_fXVgp7#1437393337_NvP2Pvg

Looks great buddy! Good luck with the sale.

hahah things looks fuckin awesome

Man that’s cleaaaaan

Sweet looking car man. very clean. Whats it get for MPGz? Would you trade for a 1998 ford ranger!??!?! :slight_smile:

I get anywhere from 17-25 depending on how I drive… Cash only sorry! thanks for the comments!

price drop, need this gone, thanks!

sick price !