97 bmw 540i/6

Up for sale is my bmw. I dont realy use it so it kinda just sits and collects dust. Recently replaced upper gaskets on motor including egr, intake, injector, new valley pan, center support bearing, rear lower control arm, and probably more I dont remember.

Currently around 250k miles and running strong. Car made 280whp on my dyno. Great winter beater since it has heated seats and steering wheel. Car has m5 front and rear
Bumpers and trim. Bbs 2piece factory wheels including 1 fullsize spare.
$3500.00 firm

Well that lasted long you fggt.

forwarded this on to a friend who might want.

The audio in the video :lol:

Perfect for heaters

Good luck with the sale John.

Someone scoop it, sell the drivetrain, and LS swap it for minimal cost

you really hate M62s for some reason… there are plenty of I6 cars if you’re going to swap a V8 in.

id keep it if i didnt just have to remodel my kitchen. there will be plenty of time for toys, just need to pay down some bills first so the toys are the first to go.

are you saying in the video “it needs second gear”

Ok with getting paid in gum?

I wish I was paid in gum.

It’s a love hate thing. I really do like them, but reliability ehhhhh.

exactly what i want to pick up as another car come tax return time… What is average mpg? Cant be any worse than the a6 and the grand cherokee which both average 15-16

Pm’d

My OBC (which may or may not be accurate) shows 18.5mpg, but almost all of my driving is city, and I have a heavy foot. I showed an indicated 25 mpg all highway once when I had the taller 2.81 gears.

Bump, I own this car now and I’m losing interest so I figured I’d see if anyone had some interest in it.

Currently it has 249,4XX miles on it.

Check engine light is still on because I haven’t fixed it since I’ve owned it. I acquired some working O2 sensors but didnt install them yet because I don’t know if since it also has a knock sensor code it will still run rich and possibly ruin the good O2 sensors i have not installed yet.

What I did do to the car is i replaced both the front speakers with some Boston acoustics since the passenger front speaker was blown and annoying.

Also installed the eibach rear sway bay which is 18mm compared to an M5 15mm.
Installed some slightly used (40k mile sports struts/springs in the front).

The car runs and drives fine, needs an inspection though.

The bad:

Needs knock sensor $75
Blower motor resister $50
Emergency brake stopped working?!?

I’d like 3.5k or best offer, if anyone is interested let me know. John 348-6121

Thx