1997 dodge neon 2dr 5 speed, 78k miles.

this is the DD i need to sell to buy the crown vic also for sale in this forum. just trying to spread the word a lil bit. i know some people need a winter DD, so eh, wth.

i bought this car from Mark last year, for 1800, then put 4 new tires, a new motor, and de-riced the crap out of it. i had planned on driving it into the ground. literally all maintenance actions have been performed on this car within the last month, i lost my job so i spent the first week of october swapping in the new motor and doing all the fluids and etc.

CL ad description copy/pasted for your pleasure:
up for sale is a 97 2dr dodge neon with a 5 speed. the odometer reads 78k miles, the engine has 74k miles. the engine was just purchased in early october from wilberts lakeside with 73k miles. with the new engine came a new timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, engine oil/filter, transmission fluid, coolant flush, exhaust manifold, cat forward exhaust, 4 brand new snow tires, and a cd player. this car also has a mopar performance ECU, which suggests running 91oct fuel. the car gets 30mpg. the car just passed nys inspection. the brakes are in good condition, the parking brake works. this car is mechanically perfect. all listed maintainence has been performed within the last 1500 miles!

the car has full chassis polyurethane suspension bushings installed, stainless steel brake lines, a cold air intake, dynamax cat back exhaust, mopar performance lowering springs and struts, mopar performance front and rear anti-roll bars, PT cruiser axles and knuckles (a substantial upgrade), and a short shifter installed from the previous owner.

here is a link to the CL:
http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/2081711707.html

asking 1950.

shoot me an email at bch5428 at gmail dot com.

Brandon

new motor?? wtf happend

the previous owner rebuilt it with high compression or something and idk exactly what was wrong, because i havnt torn it down yet. the piston to wall clearance was off im guessing. it burned a lil over a gallon of oil a month and knocked badly when until it got upto temp, at which point it didnt knock quite so badly. ha.

it was supposed to be pretty badass tho. ported head/indy intake mani, some crower cam and valve springs and etc.

lol “a gallon of oil a month”

haha. yeah it was ridiculous!

i thought mark did the headgasket and timing belt before he sold it, he had it posted on neons.org

oh well, bastard

no no, this is a different car. mark just flipped this car and never touched it. this is the one that was army green.

i remember that car, the guy that owned it before him was named terry, that think was a really built SOHC, he blew the doors off some gt’s with it, def quick, too bad the new motor is stock =(, also that tranny has 4:12’s dont it?

terry’s was the gorgeous black sohc turbo one from club 716 back in the day, i sure hope this isnt it. Is this Sohc or Dohc?

this one is SOHC. it has has a short final drive ratio, i thought it was 4.30s, but im not sure. this is the car that mark got on trade for a black, turbo, caged neon.

terrys had a lot of turboed neons, i sold him my built block last year

back to FS thread!

Have any more detailed pics of interior/ exterior?

Has supercomfy seats from an srt4 or a wanna be srt4.

‘race’ motor goes with car, no?

its got regular 4dr neon seats. theyre in decent shape but its a pain in the butt to get in the back seat bc they dont come forward all the way. ill post up some interior shots tomorrow.

the built motor i pulled out of it will come with the car if i get what im asking for it. that motor can be seen here:

im really gunna get some interior shots soon. haha. anyone interested in this thing? its got new front rotors and pads all around now. bout 81k miles on the chassis, i think 76k on the motor. just did an oil change too.

any good parts ya wanna lose off of it?

pretty sure all the bolts are tight.