1997 Eclipse GSX

Looking to get $1500 obo out of this

The car came from Albany about two years ago, slightly modded and running relatively smoothly. Did a compression test and everything came out fine (forgot the numbers but definitely within range) so I decided to swap out the ebay turbo for a stock one and throw in a new timing belt, water pump, and such. All said and done, I started it up and it ran fine for a few seconds before one of the auxiliary belts slipped off and lodged itself between the damper and subframe. At that point I was demotivated and uninterested so it sat a while. Months passed and I’d tore it down again to start over on the timing job but never finished, so it’s in that state today. All is timed, just needs to be tensioned and have everything else put on (would definitely check it over though lol).

Details:

125k on the 4g63
5 speed
stock T25 turbo
new timing belt, water pump, balance shaft belt, etc.
repainted maybe three years ago
gray leather interior in decent shape although trim pieces in trunk are missing

It’s slightly modified with a front mount intercooler, omnipower coilovers, DSMlink V2 (comes with the cable), 4g eclipse wheels with good bridgestone potenzas, faded carbon fiber hood.

I’m not sure on the conditions of the internals of the motor as the car’s been sitting for like two years now. I can say that it’s rust free, strut towers are clean, underneath is clean; all that needs to be finished is the timing job and a thorough checking for any other problems.

Will get pictures when I get my camera.

What is with everyone selling there dsm? Lol I put mine up and all of a sudden 3 hit the boards for sale??? Glws I’d be intrested In seeing pics.

How does the bottom of the strut towers look, I’m assuming the top is rust free, that’s a known issue on these cars.

I’ve had 2 cars get sold out from under me now so if this Eclipse is legit it’s mine. Hoping to go check it out tonight, as long as the body is solid and not rotted.

hot digggity

damn just bought DSMlink and about to get some coilovers for just about what you are asking for the whole car, shouldn’t have any problem selling at that price GLWS

the strut towers are solid. I can’t find the cord for my camera or else there’ll be pics

Geez I know. I was really hoping to do an AWD swap on my car, but with it not running - I have to pass on all of these cheap awd cars.

You can use it for parts :slight_smile: but this is looking like it’s sold anyways

Consider it sold

Good shit :slight_smile: tis sold

I will vouch for the car as its my buddies old 2g that we delivered to thach