1998 Honda Civic Hatch EK 5 speed Black 157k BONE STOCK 3300 obo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17599[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17600[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17601[/ATTACH]I’ve got a 1998 Honda Civic DX Hatchback with 5 speed manual transmission and 157k for sale. Car is bone stock except for an ebay short shifter. Replaced clutch with oem Honda clutch kit (pres plate, tob, etc…) at around 146k. Car has brand new OEM exhaust, literally just put on not even 200 miles ago, New front pads and rotors around 500 miles ago. In the last year the car has new alternator, battery, windshield. 5 speed tranny has input shaft bearing noise, as most DX’s do, but the car will come with a spare DX 5 speed tranny, and new input shaft bearing and seal. Body is in decent condition with the normal honda quarter rust cancer and small dents/nicks here and there. Will not come with LS meshes pictured but with stock honda 14 steelies with hubcaps. Looking to sell ASAP! Best offer takes it!

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17599&d=1302193919
http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17600&d=1302193938
http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17601&d=1302193960

accepting trades?

No trades I already found the car I’m trying to buy, unless it’s for a 99-00 EX coupe.

this car only books for $1500-2300, how can you ask $1000 over book?

With that price, I think you should change your name to t0wardinsanity.

I was interested in this till I saw the price. Seems to be a common theme here lately. Maybe with no need for a spare tranny and all you’d do better than book.

book estimate can be inaccurate when some cars hold value better than others. i think the price is pretty fair considering the fact that an new oem clutch was just put it, and it says best offer.

Yeah I’m willing to work on the price, honestly at this point I’d take 2700. Also, it does have brand new oem exhaust and clutch and pads and rotors, and it is a stock EK hatch, how often do you see those? I put the same ad on craigslist and all I’ve gotten was shit kids offering 700 dollars, so I figured I’d put it on here where real car enthusiasts would see it. With a little bit of work this thing can be a nice DD, or with a little bit more work can be a track killer with the right swap or turbo set up.

I have my BA in marketing, most people go by KBB and this is fair. Also I look at edmuds true market value. I would say your civic is worth around 1.5-2K.

kbb is just a guideline and it doesnt reflect the true value. true value is what a buyer willing to pay for it. plently of people have paid kbb value or even beyond for their used hondas, and i can assure you that almost eveyone paid below kbb for their hyundais.
ek hatch has one of the best mpg in its class. even if you gonna swap it, its body style and lightness is very demanding, too.

Honda, BMW and Subaru (all of which I’ve owned) sell for higher than KBB if they are in reasonable condition. I’m not hung up on the price because of KBB…more that there is a fair amount of labor involved in the repair mentioned. I am srsly interested.

lol @ kids who try and compare KBB to anything that is demanded in the market. Although this car has a tiny bit of rust, it will still hold its value well. EK Hatches sell for close to 4k stock in good condition. If you are looking for a car and only want it to drive, here’s a hint… don’t buy a honda that isnt rusty. otherwise you’re going to be paying a premium

If you know a mechanic or anybody that knows Honda’s you will find that replacing a 5 speed tranny is fairly simple and quick to do. Plus it comes with another 5 speed DX tranny AND new bearing and seals, I just found another Honda with the options I want (AC/sunroof, EX model) and would much rather buy that than spend the time on this hatch. It’s a great car, super reliable and I’ve barely driven it in the past two years I’ve owned it, mainly because I live so close to work and typically travel in my gf’s car…I know what a stock EK hatch can go for, especially a black 5 speed with zero problems other than the tranny. If I wasn’t in such a rush to get another car I’d hold out for more, so if anybody is geniunely interested shoot me an offer because I’m a highly motivated seller.

Uhh guys look at the prices of used cars in general, they are all going up in price. With gas prices going up this summer you will see some price gauging on 4cylinder cars, especially civics. I used to always have tons of civics on my lot. Not so much anymore, I cant even touch them at auction. I saw an ek hatch with baseball sized HOLES in the quarters sell for $2150 at an adesa auction in cicero. And to think these are considered dealer only “wholesale” auctions haha

LOL. I guess the PA plate in the pic should have tipped me off to this not being in NY. DOH.
GLWS man. Might look into road trip. Hrmmm.

thats a damn good asking price for ma honda with no rust or rot on it, it hasent ben stolen or totaled seeing 80% of hondas around here are. nice car, nice price glws

It does have rust.

personally i wouldnt pay 3k for this car. but it is clean. glws for a clean hatch

Still for sale? Curious…might try to get to PA for it if I can find a way.

hey man im interested in the civic hatch, if you could send me a private message if you still have it to try to figure it out asap