1998 Malibu Cluster no Fuel/Temp

1998 Chevy Malibu 3.1 - No fuel or temp reading on the cluster… tach and speedo work… no idiot lights light up at all other than air bag, anti-theft, and check engine. So I did some reading, I know to check the cluster ground. Anything else I should look for? Something about a ‘body control computer’ may be culprit to. Just wondering if one of my mechanic buddiez has any ideas. Is this fairly common? Thanks

You are jsut having all sorts of cluster problems.

Yeah lol, girls car in this case. She has to goto Massachusetts in two weeks, so I need to get this sorted out.

the cluster should be it’s own module with inputs from the BCM and PCM (Honestly I don’t really see older vehicles like this a work often). It’s entirely possible the cluster is fucked. It’s a very common problem on C/K series platform. Not as much so on cars, but it does happen. Honestly it’s something a dealership tech should be able to diag in 1/2 an hour. So you might want to see what a chevy dealer would charge for basic diag if you get too frustrated with it.

get a lower mileage cluster from a junkyard and put it in.

I remember bad clusters were a fairly common issue with Neons and mine had a different one put in because the title said 89k but the odometer said 68k.

Check yo fuses. bro

can’t hurt, but not a likely cause of this problem.

cluster is junk most likely , does the fuel move at all ?

No, not at all.

ill see if my scanner has the test for the gauges on it , i know my work one does but my boss dont like me doin side shit with his . if it does ill have ya come up and ill test the gauges and that will tell us if its that . we have done a lot of the gauges in chevys seein as there junkl