1g DSM experts, need consultation

So I got an offer for 14k + this car for my Evo, so I’m considering it…however, given that I’m trading a new shitty DSM for an older shitty dsm makes me uneasy, although the cash on top is pretty solid.

So, here’s what he wrote to me, what do you guys think?

I was hoping to just pick up a stock pos and daily it but it didn’t sound too bad overall…

With the cams and turbo, what do DSM guys do about the ecu? I assume FP offers an ecu reflash or something?

car has 60k miles on it, new motor with less then 10k(6 bolt)stock
internals with all arp hardware, metal head gasket,forced performance 2
cams, 2g exhaust manifold, brand new evo 3 16g turbo. Fidanza light
flywheel,act 2600 clutch,short shifter,fic 550 injectors,apexi safc. Car
also has 2g mass air flow with dejon tool pipe. full 3 inch exhaust with
a gigantic custom o2 housing.All new kyb gr2’s, eclipse gs convertible 5
spoke wheels with almost new tires.New front rotors and pads(hawk hps
and powerslot rotors).Car also has 7 month old paint, with a very near
perfect tan leather interior with a new black headliner. car also has
new windshield. car is factory green with a black magic pearl roof, also
has a factory sunroof as well. she also has a very nice pioneer headunit
with infinity speakers.

pics(looks good to me, cept the gay pillar guages): http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559833223uNnICt

ECUFlash. Program is free but you have to buy the tactrix cable. Thats what is used mostly for Evo’s I am pretty sure this applies for older DSM’s also.

The only other thing I can thing of with the Big 16G turbo on that car, is the boost creep. Pretty sure you have to upgrade the wastegate flapper to a larger one to solve this issue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/l337raceryo/crankwalk.jpg

Sorry I had to post it. :lol:

Jeller

toda, there is some freeware stuff that will work with your ostrich

its like the early versions of the stuff we used to use. so you will need to data log with something else (old palm or something)

Do it so you can buy all my go-fast parts…

An old SAFC I or II and a pocketlogger should get you by.

EDIT:Nevermind, I missed that it already has a SAFC.

I’ll trade you mine and 13K

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38872&highlight=talon

Toda go with Jordan’s(turbotsi)… that’s a way better deal.

With 1g’s as far as ecu goes get dsmlink. Or you could tune with a pocketlogger and the safc. The timing increase because of airflow changes sucks and the 1g already has high timing tables from the get go to compensate for the 7.8-1 compression.

The boost creep may and may not be an issue with that o2 housing. That’s a gforce I think. If it gives ya problems go to an external dump or LIPP ss cast housing.

With the mods and stuff possibly needed I would put that @ a $4k car max.

Post up any more questions and I’ll get back to ya later this afternoon.

toda, you are getting hosed on your proposed deal. how much did you want to sell your car for, like 20k? so you are basically buying a lightly modded 1g for 6k?

if anything, if jordan is serious about giving you 13k + his fully built car, you should do that. at least his car is worth the difference…

hmmmmmmm

do i really need 2 early 90’s teal colored imports that run 120 and 130 traps ?

hmmmmmmmmm

klsejglsejgskljglskjeg fuck!

i don’t want to have to do more work or tuning on the car after i get it, i want a turn key, which is why I was trying to stay away from modded cars.

Jordan I sent you a PM tho, it seems like your car is pretty much finished and turnkey at this point.

Eclipsed - yeah i wasn’t sure what the car was worth, the guy did get a fresh paintjob, but i never put much value into aesthetics anyway.

thanks for the feedback all

i hate the 1st gens for those cars
on the other hand 2 doors > 4 doors

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Jskrapper/hellfrozenover.jpg

There it is. Hell froze over. Never thought I would see this thread.

Jordans car is turn key…that shit is done right :slight_smile: Trust me. He already broke it all and we already replaced it all :stuck_out_tongue:

i dunno man

i’d at least want 15K i guess

are you really ready for something older/high-maint? how often are you going to be driving it? i’d go see it in person first and see if you fall in love with it

hahahah skrapper lol. Oh if Robanaba read this right now I know what he would be thinking…

AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIII YYYYYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

oops im a dumb n00b

lol, aint that the truth.