turbo posted on craigslist

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/414391722.html

^ i was under the assumption that the 4g64 was basically pointless to boost? is this worth it? not really interested, but just curious to know if its practical at all

from what i read they were practical…or at least thought…i know people have done 4g64 swaps with the 4g63 head

yeah, this has been on craigslist for awhile/its been reposted on it too under different listings, but im curious to whether or not this might be a deal or not hmm. who knows, mayb we’ll have ourselves a nice project? lol

guys rock 4g64’s in evos and make big power

hows the price, sounds pretty sweet, idk if its worth it tho so im asking opinions, if i buy this am i being practical considering i have a automatic 4g64?? kinda sounds like a fun project but idk, rather not waste my money/time if its not worth it u know?

http://images.craigslist.org/010210010312010400200709028839a4625179198ef100b414.jpg

^picture of said turbo from another listing

maybe start pricing out a manual swap? research and save if you wanna make some decent power.

^ manual swap is $$$$$, i already posted asking that lol, id be better off just selling this and buying the 5sp version

So what are you going to use for fuel management? How much money do you have set aside for dyno tuning? What are you going to drive while you’re building this? What are you going to drive when this blows up? Have you picked out your performance muffler yet?

$$$ to play, unless there are good options to build the auto in that car. Regardless it will take a lot of money, and you probably won’t be as happy with as you would have starting with a better base car. And chances are end up spending more than it would have cost to buy the car in the first place.

^ thats exactly what im thinking too, it might be cheap for the parts, but in the long run its gonna be a money pit i think, btw bikefry although u reply was slighty tainted with sarcasm, i agree, which is why i posted this as just as idea/curious

lol it wasn’t slightly tainted. It was fully loaded. :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, those parts could be a good deal but it’s just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to heavily modifying a car.

There’s a saying that IIRC someone on here came up with that goes “If you can’t afford to push your car off a cliff, then you can’t afford to mod it.” There’s a lot of truth to it. Sure there a bunch of mods that can be done with relatively low risk, but if you “need” your car should you really mod it at all? :gotme:

That being said, I was just googling catbacks for '07 Xterra’s. :stuck_out_tongue: Good thing my house takes all my money before I can piss it away because it sure is tempting.

If your want your little auto eclipse to have a little more goose without blowing the fuck up

Get a 50 shot of dry Nawwssss and be done…

My buick could handle that, Im sure your mighty DSM can too.

chris it does take $$$ to play…thats why im trying to get a daily and keep the civic as a project. i put it away for the winter…im still going to tinker with it and re-do things that i feel can be re-done. Save your money…if you really wanan keep the eclipse…RESEARCH…boost it next year…get a POS you can drive in the winter…thats if you dont want to drive it through the winter next year…i know you dont want to this year

seriously… im not TRYING to be a dick… but its coming to that point…

if you want to modify a car… pick a new platform… you couldnt have picked a worse platform to start… auto (nuff said) N/A (ugh) and convertible (heavy pig)…

if you dont want to modify the car seriously then buy some wheels maybe drop the car a lil bit and be done with it…

Make the smart play and save your money.

i’ve always said, CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE- PICK TWO

haha, yeah bikefry i couldnt agree with you more lol, btw my uncle just bought a new xterra, its a real nice ride, and in response to Viper966, dude i know ur not trying to be, and honestly i know your exact reason, i noticed this all maybe a week after i bought it lol, eh maybe wheels in the spring and lowering springs would be ok, im stuck with this car till college is over, and by then ill have: 1-enough money saved to buy a decent car to run/mod, and 2-an actual job that pays for the fun and 3- a bigger garage to actually store a car for winter, but untill then i guess ill stick it out with it, who knows, if i can find a nice project car relatively cheap then maybe ill play around with it, never know

Sounds like a plan. :tup:

yup, ive always been huge into cars (my dad and grandpa always have been, they got me into em young) but im still new to getting into the engine and stuff like that, im only 18 though, so i got some time to learn lol, but i figure if i can get my hands on a project not too hard its the best experience i can get.