Best shop to work with in the area?

I have a turbo project that i might try to do in the spring and i have been reading all about turbos but i need some help on what to buy for my set up and tunning the set up.

what shop in the WNY area could help me build a set up?

innovative

What kind of car are we talking?

please dont say v6 camaro

:snky:

dude…

buy an ls1 …throw a used cam in it…save thousands, go faster

agreed

i want to but i honestly dont think im that capable to do that…

and the reason im doing this set up possibly is because i can build it for 1000 and a lil more for fuel upgrades

$1000 ?
single or twin turbo ?
where are you going to mount the intercooler ?

$1000 are u high?

im assuming you’d have one of these shops fab a turbo setup… have them swap an engine instead. its easy. u just need to find a doner. and if u wanted to slap in a cam while u got the engine out, if i have time ill do that for u

You’re not capable of a motor swap but you’re going to boost the V6 for $1000. :eyebrow:

1. sell car

2. buy LT1 car for not much more, if you want cheap, reliable speed.

i cant get the piping,flange,boost gauge and intercooler for 300 ish

and all i need is the turbo,wastegate, and bov… and then upgrades on my fuel system… im not looking for tons of hp just someting to get me out of the 16’s… im looking for 14’s

i got about 5000 grand into my car, and alot of history with it thats why i dont want to sell it…

but i think its strange to sell my car and buy the same one just different motor

is this going to be a rear mount turbo setup ?

dude…tell me where u can get piping, flanges and ICs for 300ish…

it might come in handy when i build my exhaust…i never heard of deals like that. thats outstanding

someone was selling a LS1 with a 6 speed tranny on here a while ago i though. buy that and swap. end of story.

ok a turbo on average for a new good one is $700 so you even if u can get boost gauge, piping flanges and intercooler for $300 u are still short a lot of parts.

wastegate: ~$200
oil lines/fittings: meh lets say $50-75
gaskets: lets say about another $50
good couplers/clamps: $100ish
general welding for piping and flanges: $75
injectors: $150ish
fixings shit you fucked up: about another $100 but probably more

so thats another $750

300 + 700 + 750 = $1750

plus i am probably forgetting things

And the big one everyone is forgetting about, Engine Management + $$$$$$$$$

$1000? Yet you cant do a motor swap?

http://reviews.cnet.com/i/ss/smb/slide5_440.jpg
Pipe dreams.

i dont think he was including fuel management in with that price from what i got out of it

and the reason im doing this set up possibly is because i can build it for 1000 and a lil more for fuel upgrades