Best shop to work with in the area?

Do what you want, have a good time, :tup: to doing what makes you happy.

Honestly it’s your money, but if you think you can boost that V-6 for less than swapping a different engine in you are sorely mistaken. Granted buick proved it could be done, but still has anyone really boosted the V-6 that came with your car?

Honestly if you think you can boost it go ahead, personally I wouldn’t recommend it just like most everyone else. But at the end of the day it’s your car do what makes you happy. :slight_smile:

Just try not to bang your head too hard into a wall if it doesn’t work out as planned.

More off topic seeing as I know jack shit about GMs. What V-6 is in that car anyways?

vortec like in the sonomas

so what are you going to do after you blow the V6?

Holy shit :eek:

first what V6 is in the camaro, if its a 3800 then I would deffenitly do it. Many people run turbos on L36’s that run 11’s in grand prix’s with STOCK blocks and STOCK heads. As far as tunning get a DHP powertunner or HP tunners. Although I cant see it being done for a grand.

FMU + inline pump FTW

If he has a 3800 in his camaro then yes, these people have tons of experince, atleast in grand prix’s. How does 9.01@150 with a twin turbo stock L67 block sound.
www.stattama.com
www.zzperformance.com

I say this only because I hate to see money wasted when you could be going fast instead, but that kind of project is impossible in the $1000 range. Ignoring all labor costs of welding and/or installing (which could use up that money and more by itself) and giving you a crappy undersized intercooler and undersized tubing, you still couldnt get a turbo worth having on a car our size, plus all of the extraneous parts, for that price range.

And if you did it anyway, scoring used parts and working out trades and cleaning out the couch cushions for spare change…you still need money for fuel injectors, you need to drop the tank and get a real fuel pump in there, you would be using a crappy transmission with open diff rear, v6 brakes, probably a v6 2piece driveshaft, and you need some way to tune it. I assume you may not even have a 3800 v6. Either way, there is LT1/LS1 editing software readily available, but its not that easy for v6s.

And when you are all done, if it can leave the driveway, you will absolutely hate that you just spent 3 grand + to run mid 14s and get your doors blown off by every 20yr old 5.0 with a bottle

What you can do, is score a wrecked 94 camaro z28 on ebay or cz28, take all of the LT1/tranny/computer/fuel parts you need, and still sell whats left of the car and scrap it for extra coin. Or you could pay someone else to do that if you dont have the means to move it, cut it, and swap it. Either way, you would be reliably running 13s in your own car for half the price of jackstanding your car permanently with a turbo v6.

sell the car and buy a ford temp

everything he said, but LS1>LT1.

i give this a :tup: i would do dans idea. cheap, reliable…eh well cheap

lol…inline pump…puke (unless its sumped)

dual intanks with a voltage booster is where its at :pimp:

a) i call BS that you have 5000 grand into your car…

b) you’re getting good advice on here, you ignore it, you’ll regret it

c) you said $1000 for the build, and $300 for piping and shit, leaving $700 for BOV, fuel, and oh yeah…A TURBO!..the only thing close you’ll be able to afford for $700 is a good BOV, half decent fuel upgrades, and maybe a hair blow dryer for your turbo…

d) this thread sucks, don’t be cheap…pay to play, do things right the first time around, there aren’t many turbo V6 fbods out there…and for a reason, it’s not cost efficient…at all…

quoted for truth. i have had my turbo on my car since early july and i have yet to put the wastegate spring in to play with boost bacause i tried taking shortcuts. i dont even want to think about how much i have time/money i have spent redoing things cause i wanted to do it with as little $$ as possible. do it right the first time or you will regret it trust me

Again could be my lack of knowledge on GMs, but did they ever put the 3800 in the Camaro?

EDIT: Never mind I looked into it my self. Learn something new every day.

3rd gens got 2.5 iron dukes in the early 80s, then 2.8 MFI, then 3.1 MFI. 4th gens started with the 3.4 and switched to the 3.8. All of them were total budget motors with zero good parts. None of them were ever meant for anything past basic transportation. Im sure the GTP guys could get into more details about the differences between their FWD engines and our RWD ones, but the point is, never ever build a camaro v6. And only build a firebird v6 if it says TTA on the side. And never do anything to any car for $1000 unless its a 350 swap

and turbo, LT1 >>>> LS1 for this kind of budget go-fast application. plus my NA MPH is better than your tin foil ever did :wink:

ls1>lt1

hehehehe

121mph>117mph

ok so after all i guess im listening to you guys and not going to do this project…

my car has the 3.8L in it and has upgrade brakes, and a posi rear end with gears… the only thing i have touched is the engine…

the reason i brought this up was just to be unique and have something no one else has… but i guess swapping an v6 out and putting a ls1 in it would be unique also…

ill think about this more before i do anything…if swapping an ls1 i take it i could get a hand if needed?

and yes i have atleast 5000 grand …

C5 rims and tires 1200
Body kit 600
new paint job 1500
posi unit, gears and install 900
stereo system, which will be gone in spring 500
upgraded brakes 400
suspension upgrades 700

and other stupid thigns… and those are just rough estimates but i do have alot of work into the car and time, and history and storys about the car