yup another noob

anyways i just move to pa few weeks ago and saw the link on thirdgen.org so i figured id sign up

anyways heres some pics of my ride

2.8L v6
ported heads/intake ( done by me)
custom cam (spec’ed by me) 268/274
custom 321 stainless headers 1.5 inch primarys 3 inch reducer collector to 2.5 inch crossover ( built by me)
3 inch downpipe
38mm gate
garret/fullrace t3/60-1 turbo
NOS nitrous single nozzle wet system 25-75 hp ( never used)
megasquirt ems
dual walboro 255’s
tci super streetfighter 9 inch converter 4,500 stall
spooled rear with 4:10’s
28x10.5x15 drag slicks

yes this is a daily driver
low 12’s @ 112mph at 9 psi
car is making over 400hp and 500+ ftlbs at the crank

im in the middle of building a brand new combination for the car and am just starting to collect parts
so far the build is going to look like this
3.4L v6 block
2.8L crank to destroke the motor to 3.0L
276/280 dur .580/.580 int/ex on an 116 lsa solid roller cam ( spec’ed by me)
custom J.E forged pistons 9.8-1 cr
h-beam 327 small journal rods machined to fit the 60*v6 crank
ported lower intake
custom sheetmetal upper with 2 injectors per cyl
a2w intercooler
dual walboro 255’s or an SX ultra pump good for 1300 hp max
arp head studs and main studs / rod bolts
and of course another set of heads ported by me
megasquirt 3 ems with sequential injection and individual cyl fuel and ignition control
lsx cop setup
and the big boy of them all
an borg warner s475 with an 80mm compressor wheel and 83 mm turbine with an ar of .90

not sure if this setup will make its way into my current car or if i will buy an s10 long bed / or a 1st gen rx7 to drop it in
any which way it will be badass

if u guys would like more info or pics/video just ask

few more pics

welcome …nice mullet sled , with a twist.

interesting, and welcome

It’s different and gets the job done, so I dig it!

Welcome to the site. Different and also performs well.

different!.. im down with that, good luck with the big build

Welcome to the board and PA man! Hope to see that car in action some day.

thnx guys

thnx man anyways well deff have to line them up once i get this new motor built,im just hoping everyone is right and i wont have problems spooling an s475.
the thing is a friggen monster check out thes epics of one nexto a soda can, dam thing makes my 61mm look like a lil stock eclipse turbo

my car still hasent been shipped up from new jersey yet but i should have it here by the end of the month

nice

Damn, thats a serious turbo, goodluck on the build!

heres some old clipsof the day i put the 60-1 on it and it was horribly out of tune
http://px5.sfstatic.com/thumbs/0000/90/67/640976_06.jpgTURBO V6 CAMARO TEST RUN WITH NEW TURBO @ 9 PSI

http://px5.sfstatic.com/thumbs/0000/90/77/640977_10.jpgTURBO V6 CAMARO TEST RUN WITH NEW TURBO @ 9 PSI #2

yeah S400 stuff is a good bang for the buck turbo but damn are they big son bitches! I’ll stick to my twin 60’s.

You might have to look into a spool valve. They are laggy on 6.0’s I doubt it will be usable on your v6.

mine dosent have a t6 flange mines comming t4 flanged with a .90 housing, will be laggy but i do have an antilag system built into the megasquirt so it shouldnt be to bad
im also going to send my converter out and have it restalled to 5,500 from 4,500

that will help for sure. Let us know how it turns out! I will be buying a big borg whenever the na build becomes slow.

RPMS are gonna be your friend with that setup but T4 .90 helps alot. Curious why go S400 with T4 then? The T6’s are the ones with the bang for the buck, the T4 options cost some money. You could possibly find another 76-80mm setup on a T4 thats smaller dimensionaly and around same price

the other 76mm options i looked at are pretty much all p-trimed and will porlly choke the motor north of 7,500 rpms

the s475 aka s400sx when used with a t4 hotside runs just over 900
though if i got it with the t6 hs it weould be around what 600 bucks i think

Wow didnt think you were gonna go over 7000 rpms :slight_smile: thats gonna be a screaming setup. Just have to ask, why not build a v8 ? :slight_smile:

cause i can build the v6 alot cheaper besides noone has pushed one this far yet.
few of us v6 guys are about to break into the 11’s im the fastest at sub 10 psi, the next fastest guy and the rest are all around 15/16 psi to run 12.40’s witht he same size turbos and those guys are running 3.4L engines.those guys are all running 4thgen cars so maybe thathas something to do with it.
i take my current motor to 7,800 this new motor will be a short stroke motor with a bore thats .120 bigger should really like to rev.im planning on shifting around 8,700
the canted valve heads wont hurt either lol they flow about 65cfm better then my stock iron heads, im just leary of running an aluminum head on this thing i hate to spend 30 hours in port work just to pop a head gasket and torch the dam heads
and i just scored my rods on ebay for 250 shipped
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/lethalrides2k3/rods.jpg
scat h beams :smiley:

now i just need to find a local machine shop that can bush the lil ends for me and mill .060 off one side of each big end

edit nm i just looked up the stock vs stock flow numbers and the canted valve aluminum heads flow 92 cfm more then the iron heads stock for stock