yup another noob

nothign wrong with using aluminum head in boost. It will help with denotation. 8700 is some serious rpm, i shifted my last turbo v8 setup at 7500. dont denotate and you shouldnt lift a head

also you said you can build the v6 cheaper then a v8? somethign to think about ppl take 4.8s/5.3s and add psi to them with nothing done to them and easily see 500 rwhp, ppl with cam swaps seen near 800 rwhp with larger turbos

it is deffently a unique build

Welcome to the site. I like different, but I’m not a fan of the 60 degree V6’s. You need the 8700rpm to make any power. Big rpm breaks stuff. I guess with that tiny stroke it’ll handle it.

You realize with all the work you got into it, it’d run 9s or 10s with a small block? At least a 90 degree V6 (4.3L) or even a Buick V6 (3.8L or 4.1L) would run far better. I actually agree with Quik’s post above (must be a cold day in hell). You cannot build a 2.8 V6 for less $$ than a small block and be equal in power.

Good luck regardless. I look forward to seeing it at the track.

when i say cheaper im looking at the whole picture, my car is already setup for a v6, so to do a v8 id be looking at a built trans, converter and suspension work ontop of the motor.

my biggest cost in the v6 is the rods which i got cheap, the next biggest cost is the pistons @ 112$'s each, everything else is pretty much a stock part besides the solid roller cam.

im hoping the thing makes enough power to o bottom of the 10’s high 9’s

orr89rocz runs those times your wanting and is in the neighborhood of 650 rwhp on a mustang dyno in his 3rd gen. So easy to say your combo needs to produce around 700 rwhp on dyno jet, unless you put that car on a serious diet

Me too, then we could race :slight_smile: And i could feel bad that I have 2 more cylinders, a bunch more cubes and run same times :frowning: I would think with that much power tho you still need upgraded trans/converter. rear end i dont think since I’ve been using a junkyard stock 10 bolt just fine to 9.7’s.

Being his car is a V6 i’m willing to bet its alot lighter than mine :slight_smile:

Welcome:beer:

my car should wieght about 2,900 when i redo it, as it sits i belive its 3,122 just need to get rid of the heavy wall steel intercooler tubing

the car already has a decent trans and converter in it, trans im going to leave alone its got all good parts in it and its only got about 1k miles on it, the tci converter i dont know if it will hold up,but its going back to tci to be checked and to be restalled

yeah turbo cars arent as hard on rear ends unless ur launching with a transbrake.
hell i still have my 10bolt in mine so far its held upto around 500ftlbs tq so well see how that goes i do alreay have a strange s60 sitting in my uncles shop ive just never put it in so thats always an option

have you ever put that setup on chassis dyno

just now caught this thread.

cool ride

do you have a pretty sweet mullet too?

270 rwhp and 370 ftlbs car was in the 9.0 afrs and ignition timing was locked to 8*btdc cause of a fuckup with my megasquirt i had 0 advance,and the car wouldnt rev up over 5,300 rpms and this was on a mustang dyno with an unlocked converter and 4:10 rear gears

Welcome fellow thrid-gen racer…

Hi Debbie P

Welcome and its good to see you here.

Western PA sounds lovely - have you heard of a place called Sharon? One day I hope to go there.

What course are you about to embark on?

Love and Light

Binah
x

Those are some pretty good numbers I’d say, with that drivetrain and on a bias ply tire…

Welcome, as everyone else has said, def a different setup & cool !

NIce, the IROC is sweet too.

dont mind the sticker on the front it was for my old shop

thnx man thats my old iroc. i miss it big time, was a 383 with a 5 speed was my street racing car back in new jersey used to take it to newark and nyc to go racing, all in total ive including the v6 car i have now i have owned 12 3rdgen camaros and trans am’s since i was 19 and im now looking to make it 13 ( well 13 already if u count the totaled iroc i got for free that only had 42k miles on it)

heres a few of them

stock 305

and then a week later

the 40k totaled iroc

yeah im a picture whore lol

cant forget the shops racecar, built by me and my uncle - blown alky dragster
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/lethalrides2k3/drag11.jpg

got some more pics u guys will appreciate

my old shop

some of the cars ive done

9 second pump gas 4 door belveder
well just say its a 440 lol

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/lethalrides2k3/100_0304.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/lethalrides2k3/100_0305.jpg

and some various other cars

wow awesome, i had no idea you had your own shop like that.

was basically my uncles and mine,but i gave it up when i moved out of new jersey. most everything i know i learned there.

you really like stickers don’t you? :smiley:

Any more pics of the Chevy II?