Best shop to work with in the area?

theres plenty of people here that will work for beer and pizza, so im sure you can get a hand when the time comes

hahahha that will work then, maybe ill stop wasting time on reading about turbos and that stuff and work on how to swap engines

i count 3700 in stuff that won’t make you fast

i’m just saying

Dear sir,

You are $4,994,200 short of 5000 grand.

Sincerely

FuzzyFish

I don’t think you even know what 5000 grand is.

Fuck. Beaten.

if u take ur time to learn how to do a swap, it will be easier then the whole turbo headache.

swaps are not that difficult, just intimidating

Glad you made the right choice. As cool is it is to have something nobody else has, you always have to take a step back and honestly ask why nobody else does it. Usually there’s a good reason why a certain setup/car is popular and other setups aren’t.

See I listen to the people on this fine board sold my mini instead of turboing it. and bought an evo. now I have a wonderful paper weight in my yard that I drive around every day becouse it doesnt run. if I would have kept the mini at least I would know whats wrong with it (a blown motor). do what makes you happy.

theres more stupid things, like hood, headlights bla blah… just giving some stuff done

and ya im deffintly going to listen to what everyone has to say…

my best bet if i could find would b to take all the stuff on my car sell it for 5000 and buy the same car with less miles, just with a ls1 and transfer everything

Considering anything else besides this would be dumb. You say your car has a lot on sentimental (sp?) value? Go drive an LS1 car and you won’t give two shits about your V6 project anymore. Not bashing you or anything, it’s definitely real cool that you want to have a different setup than every other guy out there, but be prepared to spend a lot (if you want to do it right, and once) and not see impressive results.

if there is one thing i have learned from owning a vw, dont build what you can buy…

dont boost a 2.0 when a stock vr6 will keep up with you…

dont swap a vr into your 2.0 when you can sell your 2.0 and buy a vr for a little more cash…

pretty much the same idea? yay? nah?

Putting money into a V6 Camaro at all was a bad idea…

in a camaro… V8 Ftw…

LS7 ftw…

pwn noObs

Check out this guys set up. He has alot of cash into it with a built motor but I think you should use an L67 stock block and just get a set of ZZP heads and a stattama turbo cam. Im not impressed with his results and know there is more into it with a solid tune. Plus his cam and heads might not be the best choice. But he did make some decent power

http://www.turbov6camaro.com/home.htm

Now if you only looking to spend a grand then I would do a LSX swap but if you want to be different and dont mind spending the $ then I’d do the V6 turbo.

Devin :tup: