2 dead after drunk motorcyclist runs them over

Motorcycle crashes onto path, kills two

AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) - An afternoon walk turned into an unbelievable tragedy in Amherst, thanks to a suspected drunk driver. It was an accident that may not have happened in the temperatures weren’t so warm Sunday. The tragic scene played out Sunday when three people were hit by a motorcycle, killing two.

Amherst Police Captain Patrick McKenna said, “A motorcycle was westbound on Tonawanda Creek , on an area of Tonawanda Creek Road where the bike path adjoins the roadway. The three people were walking on the bike path when the motorcycle came around the curve, went off the roadway onto the bike path and struck the three individuals.”

The motorcyclist, 53-year-old David Smith, of Niagara Falls, is now charged with DWI and criminally negligent homicide. He is in the hospital with non life threatening injuries.

Eighty-one-year-old Sheila Pelton and twenty-five-year-old Jocelyn Elberson were pronounced dead by doctors at Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. Seventy-nine-year-old Foster Pelton was taken to ECMC. He was seriously injured, but is expected to survive.

The bizarre accident happened around 3:20 p.m. Sunday. Amherst Police are interested in finding witnesses who saw Smith on his motorcycle before the crash. If you have any information, you can call police at 689-1311.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/motorcycle-crashes-onto-path-kills-two

This was my friends sister that was killed. I feel extremely bad for the family. She has grown up with a disability that causes her to have mental growth problems. (I believe it is that her body is maturing and growing faster than her mind has) She has been in and out of the hospital for health related issues.

The thing that bothers me the most is that this family just went through the chance of losing her 1 with open heart surgery that gave her a small window of survival. She survived with flying colors but now not even 6 months later, gets taken away because of someone selfish act of getting drunk and driving there motorcycle.

This girl was a very happy go lucky girl and would alway have a smile on her face. The fact that she has fought for everything to stay alive and not killed by the hands of a drunk… I can image the family. Along with 2 of the family members witnessing her get hit first hand.

So not only did this guy kill 2 people, but he took the lives of the 2 directly in front of others that will not feel guilt for something they had no control of, and the fact that the trama will stay with them and replay out in there heads over and over.

I think its time that this area wakes up and starts to throw the book at these fucks for taking the lives of others. I’m sick of the low sentencing of drunk drivers killing others. one got not jail time for the killing, but 1 year for drunk driving (not sure how you get drunk driving charges, you killed someone and found not guilty for that… I thought it would go hand and hand) another that only got about 4 years for hitting a kid on a bike while drunk. I’m sure he wont serve the full term. Then the small jail time for the wrong way that took the lives of 2 on the 33.

Its time to make an example of this guy and show we will not stand for this bullshit to go on anymore… and if you decide you are too go to follow the law, you should be thrown in jail for much more time. I’m sick of people getting more jail time for nonviolent/nonkilling crimes over those that take the lives of others.

Totally sucks. Especially sucks since in NY as long as you know people or have enough money you can do what you want.

InB4somestupidcorasanticomparison

Or am I too late?

Any way you slice it this situation sucks hard.

This sucks. They really need to make drunk driving the most regrettable crimes you can do.

Yeah, I know I threw that in there. I should have left it out, but it wasnt just him I was trying to relate to. More so just the amount of jail time the last 4 or 5 trials have brought to the area. It really doesnt slap anyone in the face and show its a serious crime when you take someones life, on accident or purposely.

It’s not a crime if you take someone’s life on accident. Unless the accident is a result of reckless actions. Then those reckless actions are the crime.

Kind of like how in the Corasanti trial they decided it wasn’t manslaughter because him being drunk wasn’t the cause of her getting hit. Here it seems pretty open and shut that he lost control and plowed into people because he was drunk.

Where are the assholes that are always preaching how impossible it is for a guy on a motorcycle to kill someone?

Out doing wheelies in traffic probably.

Anything is possible I assume the argument has always been the likelihood.

I’m pretty sure that guy on the 33 got sentenced 4-10 years

Some how I feel this will be some sort of argument somewhere with someone. “those people should have watched out for the bikers”

The argument will probably be made location of bike path to the road with no curb.

I am fairly certain we saw this “Bike” leaving a bar that afternoon.

We where stopped at Dodge and Campbell. We were heading East on Dodge and the Bike was heading Westbound (Appeared to be a Red Street Bike) after he pulled out of the Crow’s Nest. He stopped at the light. I even said, “Boy today is a good day to be on a Motorcycle and take a nice ride in the country…” The light changed and then he ROARED up Dodge past us.

He was wearing a Red/Black Flannel Shirt/Jacket with Jeans and I believe a White/Black Bandana. No Helmet. I’m not too sure where the incident happened in relation to this “sighting” as Tonawanda Creek is North and Parrallel to Dodge…but I did not see many bikes out. This one was a Red roadbike (I woud say Harley because I know nothing about them)…and the guy was coming out of the bar parking lot.

Also, I’m not 100% on the time. I would say around 2-3 pm…which is pretty close to when this happens.

What a Fuckhead. Not the fact he was one a bike. He could be a Fuckhead in a car or truck just as well…

RIP to the innocent victims.

Loud pipes save lives

I drove up on this yesterday, literally 15 mins after it happened. Cop was just blocking off the road at Campbell.

God drunk drivers suck. I feel their pain my cousin was killed last fall by a stupid drunk bitch. Shit like this makes no sense and leaves soo many questions in the friends and family’s lives of those lost.

Heather?

Disguisting. RIP to the innocent.

Bretts the one I’m mainly friends with… his sister Jocelyn was the girl killed.

I cant even imagine what the family is going through. Like I said… she just survived open heart surgery less than 6 months ago. All the things shes fought and gone through health wise, and a drunk fucker is the way she gets killed.

That’s sickening.

Not sure the truth of this, but this was posted on a FB post

“The Buffalo News (Buffalo, NY); October 15, 2000; David A. Smith, 40, of Roselle Avenue, Niagara Falls, pleaded guilty to felony DWI and was scheduled for a Nov. 28 sentencing”