2000 tahoe key fob problems

my boss has a 2000 tahoe the remotes just stopped working one then both. the truck was purchased brand new at glen campbell so i called them friday and they said $80 for each remote and $25 each to program them. it sounds like alot. but to top it off the keys dont work in the doors only the lift gate and ignition. the dealer claims the key should work in all the doors but sense the warrenty is up they cant do anything. the door lock cylinders are the original along with the keys. and advice would be great!

battery replacement!

already tried that

the keys don’t work in the doors?

My 08 HHR is doing the same thing. I thought one remote was bad but I tried the other one and it doesn’t work either. I think my keyless entry system is busted.

Check your fuses and see if there is one for the system anywhere.

well the one remote works every few tries and he never tried the keys in the door ha. he always used the remotes. but the keys work in the lift gate

you were looking at a civic si and bought an hhr?

bump

I had an issue with my Yukon and the keys not working in the doors, the cylinders were corroded and wouldn’t work. Also the keyless might be the driver side lock panel, I had that happen once as well

dont spend that much. take it to rainbow or another stereo shop and opt for a keyless entry system and or combo unit with Remote start. 185 dollars will more than cover the keyless system and maybe even the combo unit

i was thinking about that but it has a weird security system u have to turn the key forward once then it beeps 3 times then u can start it according to glen campbell it was a special security system u think an aftermarket system could still work. most autoplaces and dealers can never start the truck.

any other ideas??

a good installer can take care of that 3 beeps dealer garbage

LOL no. The HHR is my company car.

well i took the truck to basil and the door locks are frozed i freed them with sum grease and for the alarm they had no idea the remotes work with their tester soo where should i go for the aftermarket alam/remote starter

go check on fullsizechevy.com, they might have an answer better than what the dealer said

hey thanks for all the help i got the locks and one key pad works perfect i got a second one comming btw web site had the mostinfo thanks again