HHR key fob question.

I dropped a 2007 Key fob for my girlfriends hhr and the part that holds the battery in broke off. I soldered the piece back on the board and everything works fine but when I go to remote start the car all the car does is beep two or three times. Is there something else I have to do to make his work again?

Anyone have any ideas?

You sure the connections are fully back together?

Have you checked the owners manual to see if maybe there is a way that the car may have been put into valet mode? Im not even sure if thats an option with the oem remote starts, but usually honks an/or light flashes with no other action are diagnostic codes to let you know why it is not starting.

Thing is my girlfriends fob works fine and this one will unlock, lock, panic but wont start the car.

So either it’s not re-connected fully, it’s broken beyond repair or you’re not holding down the button long enough for the car to start, lol.

It must be the fob since I know I’m holding it down long enough and im hitting lock twice then the start button. I’m gonna call the dealership and see what they think.

it is a problem with the fob, since you state that her fob works fine. My guess would be you either didn’t make all the connections correctly, or it may not be tied in with the remote start system properly anymore. If you need to get it reprogrammed, it’s a dealer only thing as it needs the Tech2 to do it.