Remote Starter Trouble

I’ve got a factory installed Remote Starter for my '07 Saturn Ion. I’ve got two remotes for it. One works fine, the other will light up but won’t start the car. Any ideas?

PICS:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/Thorguitarist/starter_front.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/Thorguitarist/starter_back.jpg

If this is supposed to be funny/a joke, I don’t get it.

it’s a question, hence the appropriate punctuation.

I think he is just as confused as I am as how we are suppose to diagnose a problem with pictures of the fob?

-If it is an 07, isn’t it still under factory warranty? Take it to the dealer.

yeah…it’s still under warranty…I just wanted to avoid driving to OP…

Same way with mine One works with start up and the other Just puts the lights on. I would believe that it’s not programed right as i had to fix it my self. And that was my Problem but yea deff. take it to the place of install.

well the broken one doesn’t do anything to the car. the remote itself lights up. I took it apart but it didn’t look like anything i could fix.

Call custom corner in hamburg make an appointment to get it fix you can go to Saturn of clarence

Saturn in Orchard Park is where I got the car…it was installed on my request prior to the lease at a place down the street…Not sure who it was.

I guess I’ll take it to the dealer. Thanks guys

First of all, thats not something the dealer actually installed themselves. Your best bet is to find out who installed that thing and discuss it with them.

General rule of thumb: Dealers and Remote Starters are like oil and water

To answer your question, there is nothing wrong with the starter, you can narrow it down to the remote that doesn’t function because the one that works starts the car fine according to your post

Actually that exact alarm installed by saturn custom corners is owned by west herr. they have a installer from there who travels dealership to dealership. My mom had the same starter in her vue. It failed

Yep sorry for the mix-up It is the remote not the actual starter. As I posted previously it wasn’t installed by West-Herr. And as nitro stated it was probably done by custom corners, I’ll take it to West Herr and see what they say.

it seems like it lost programing. it’s usually a 5 minute fix with modern starts. If you’ve got some common sense you can call the place or you can look up the program menu online to do it yourself

is that usually switches and stuff though? Looking at the “motherbaord” inside the remote there didn’t look like anything that could be programmed very easily.

More than likely it involves using the programmed remote, or some combination of toggling the ignition, or hitting a button on the remote start brain (buried under the dash somewhere) to program the remote that lost it’s programming.

Stick your head down by the pedals and look up with a flashlight. Chances are you can see the brain, and maybe get a make/model. It will be the part that looks out of place, maybe zip-tied into place, with wires that aren’t all neatly bundled in groups or with wire loom. If you find a wire that leads to a quick tap, that’s a dead giveaway. Once you have that look it up online and I’m sure you can find the instruction manual. The dealer didn’t give you any paperwork for it when you got it?

I know that you love OT, but this is a general Automotive thread. MOVED