Remote car starters

Where can I buy and have a remote starter installed? I live in Belle Vernon, btw.

my dad said dont do it …he used to work at pleasant hills chrysler and said he has seen them back feed and totally destroy cars

I have 1 had mine since the car. and you can get them at advance auto, best buy and my fave place is circuit city.

my bro’s really fucked up his old blazer…but old blazer i mean his old car which was a 99…

the cheap ones are the bad ones.

Just like hookers and beer :naughty:

i worked at circuit city for over four years back in car audio sales and did install there for about a year and a half of that and have never seen a remote start mess up a car computer or anything for that matter. just don’t buy shitty and shitty things wont happen…stick with any DEI product. also let someone who knows what they are doing install it.

That is correct. I know a guy who did his own and always had problems with it. I had mine installed professionally on my wifes car and it hasnt had any issues. paid 200.00 installed.

I installed the cheapest one I could find ($50 at Snyder tire) in my Blazer back in the day. I used that son of a bitch every day for 2 years and never had any problems related to starting it. I have never heard of any bad things happening to a (automatic) car related to remote starters. My mom and dad have the same shitty $50 bulldog starters on their trucks and works like a charm. Even the door locks work fine in my dad’s. (no power locks in moms)

I work at best buy and i am MECP certified

What kind of car is it going in?

As for problems, i put over 300 in w/ out ANY coming back.

yeah ill second that… i installed probally over 300 just this season and your luck to get one or 2 back if that… and thats only cause a resister’ or something stupid…

ill install them for 150$ a pop… keyless entry/ theft bypass/chip in the key / trunk release if applicable / @ my garage in greensburg after hours… you could shop at the mall while your getting a r/start installed :slight_smile: 1000 foot of range! 2 remotes / lifetime warrenty

remember its the gift that keeps giving!

things to think about -

if you got a chysler with a grey key! you need 3 keys’

iff you have a newer ford with the bulky key! you will need 3 keey’s

if you have a gm… like cobalt/some colorado’s etc etc… with a plus sign on it… you will need 3 keys’ before install…

some misc foriegn cars…

new cobalts are easy, 05 uses the 556l and 06’s use 555u so if u dont have an 06 you dont use an extra key

the only problems i had with the units are “user error”
my favorite one is “my car started for no reason” lol…gota love that one

My friend worked at the dodge dealer and he said they catch on fire alot

I Noticed there’s alot of… HE SAID… SHE’ SAID… LOL… anyone actaully see this happen in there own eye’s… or just hear say!

ive been in the business for 6 yrs with r/starts… yet to see a fire… a burnt wire or anything mentioned other then what fmf said… “” USER ERROR"" or they kicked the kill switch and ask why it don t work… or the battery’s gone dead in the remote

thats about that

I dont give them an option of kill switch, i make it as idiot proof as possible,
such as anti grind, and no security option…
no fires…lol

now i have a question…

a girl i know has a new 2006 civic and i know she’d love a remote start, now the car already has a stock alarm and keyless entry. so whats a decent stand alone remote starter? and the round about price of the remote starter + install?

who ya askin…

if you was going to a shop and getting it done you would have probally 250 ish -300 depending where ya go…

required a 3rd key and a astcbm

id do it for 150$

150 aint a bad price… what do you mean 3rd key and astcbm?