Remote Car Starter Problems

Ok I need some help on this one, seeing how I dont know the first thing about remote starters!. I went to use my remote starter over the weekend, the car cranks but wont turn over! All the lights stay on but the car doesnt actually start. I can start it by putting the key in and starting it that way. The only thing I did was install fog lights and disconnected the battery.

Is there mabye a fuse or something I should look for that I might have blown or something like that or do I have to take it somewhere to get them to look at it. I hoping someone on here will know the problem!>!

Thanks!

Tach may need to be reprogrammed since you disconnected the battery

hun???

if you disco the batt for a while, you may need to reprog the starter - push a lil button on the box.

It will help if you post:
Year make model or car
make model of starter.

ohh snap, ok i really have not the first idea about what is involved with a remote starter! Where should I look for this box, or button?

my car is a 02 legacy GT as far as what brand the starter is

on the front it says

Code Alarm

On the Back there is a serial i will post that if it will help!

take it back where you had it installed

i think with most systems there should be some kind of “reset” button located under the dash. the installers usually put it in plain site when you look under the dash.

I know my old setup had one. Who installed it?

AHH see I dont know becuase when I bought the car the dealer handed me the keys and was like" I’ll be damned there a remote starter on this car. Wish we would have known that we could have sold it for alittle more, just kidding!".

…im sure he was, but since he didnt know where it was installed I really have no idea either. Im gonna take a look under my dash when I get home from work today to see if i can see a reset button, or something along those lines… does anyone have a pic that I could refernce??

i tried searching for a pic, but no luck.

it should be a little black “box” with a circular button…or at least in most cases.

ill try and grab you a pic of mine when i go home on lunch

on all the systems I have ever installed, there is a certain programming sequence for programming tach. I have never just had to push a button. Then again I have never messed with a code alarm.

if you are referring to the valet button. That is used for programming and disabling and abling(word?) the alarm/RS

dried - the magic button is the one on the unit, you start the car with the key, and when the engine is idling, you push the button to “set” the idle rpm - as the box will see it. i’ve done this on compustars, a couple older code alarms, and i think a DEI or two.

THESE ARE VERY GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS - if you do not set your unit correctly you may blow your shit up, so do not try this at home.

my remote starter on my old civic was like this, it wouldn’t usually start on the first try. But then id try it a second time and it worked, but im sure you’ve already done this. Id def take it somewhere than installs them, it could be a faulty unit.

ok mabye no button pushing for me!!!

im gonna take it to Darryll’s after work!!!

http://www.powercallsirens.com/images/crcx3.JPG

this is what mine looks like execpt the 2 buttons say start on them,

and the nice plastic decal is actaully on the remote!

Custom did/does a ton of Code. hit them up.

Nick, I have never heard of setting tach like that. I learn somethign everyday

ok! well when i got home, I took a look under the dash board at the module and there was no button, so i decided to give the remote a try again, i held it right next to the box and POOF, started right up!.. …

now it works fine, like nothing was even wrong with it!

???

hmmm, when you walk away from the car, it will still start from a distance?

thats wierd if thats the case

It could be a few things.

Your best bet is first finding out what model remote starter it is, and second, see if the system is set up for tach sense or voltage.

After you know that, reprogram the system for either method.

Dont dick around with pushing the programing button like mentioned above until you know what you are doing. Your not going to “blow your shit up” but you could lock it into some programing mode.

If you need help let me know, I’ve installed one or two of these in my day

um yeah its working just fine, I used 3 times tonight! and everything is ok, after I started the car with the remote right next to the little box under my dash it seems that SOMEHOW it reset itself or i dont know stopped being dumb… seeing how i didnt touch anything … i dont know

I think its really funny that we cannot figure out Artificial Intelligence, but machines have figured out malevolence on there own!!!???!!!