Need Some Help With my Remote Starter!

I have starter that came with my legacy it a CODE ALARM

http://www.etaag.com/images/item128_1.jpg

this is what the alarm remote looks like i think it is a code alarm CRCX-3
i went to custom radio and kustom works, they dont deal with code alarm and want like 50$ to look at it um no!, i was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with the these or could point me in the direction of going somewhere to possible get it fixed

right now what happends is when i press both the buttons to start it , the car cranks however it wont turn over

i can however when the car is running press both the buttons and the starter clicks, and i can take the keys out and leave it run. however i would like to get this working before winter

thanks guys and gals for any help!

sounds like a tach issue. Had any work done on the car lately??

um head gasket replaced and water pump replaced

I think the smart car store at the northtown dealerships deals with code alarm stuff?

go to the dodge store, ask for louie that does the smart car installs, ask him to look at it under the table

I can look at it for ya …

465-2820

find the box… if it has a knob on it you need to turn it up… if not …you need look up the ser. # and find the book for it you may need to change how long it cranks for…

if you need help shoot me a pm

edit: or let BDR look at it

ok im gonna get home today and look at the actual box itself, i will report back

code does not have a adjustment knob on it … dont bother

:word:

look under the hood for a wire by itself and possibly a T tap on the tach wire just reconnect it.

what’s happening is that your remote starter is working fine but there’s no signal telling it to stop cranking(or to keep cranking) so it goes to a default crank time.

another solution is to find a program menu for the unit and lengthen the cranking time which isn’t always the best approach but it will work

yeah no adjustment knob… i will look under the hood for for said wire…
bdr5oh, i might be giving you call if i cant find anything!!!

they may not have went to the tach… they could have just used a 12v like the MARS/Omega starts use

yeah i thought about that but i’m going by his skill level on this. if it’s voltage sensed he might need someone with a little bit more experience to poke around under the dash without making things worse

lol your right … but with the sence wire … the car would try to crank over 3 times till it starts… but you still need to turn up the crank time… like the great turn key on then off then spin 3 times hit break then turn car back on …type thing

ok guys so this is what happened, i moved the box, and looked at the wire that was tapped into me tach signal wire, everything thing was good, so something i heard i tried… and poof it works like new now!

anyway so i started the car with the keys, and they tried to start the car with the starter while it was already running, the started click like normal and then nothing… DAMN i said, so i shut the car off and took the keys out and to my amazment the car was still running???

so then i hit the buttons on the remote and turned the car off…:banghead:

so i was like alright, tried to start car using the remote and now blamo it works again, i tired it again a few more times with more distance between me and the car everytime, and it works!

so now i just have to cross my fingers and hope whatever happened lasts!

ummm ok so cross your fingers and hope whatever works keeps ahpening …

it that doesn’t work refer to this thread