need a remote starter

i have an alarm thing (code alarm or some shit) on the car now. i NEED a remote starter.
the car is a 5 speed, i am not retarded and know how to use my parking brake (yes thats what its called, not an emergency brake) and do not leave the car in gear.

help.

i have a compustar for sale

so, You want someone to sell You a remote start?
You want the wiring diagram for Your car so You can install one?
You want a referral to a shop to have one put in?

What?

i have one for ya man …

crimestopper superrage cs2011, installed in the 240 but never used, go for 75 in ebay and yahoo auctions… $50

talk to derrick and Rainbow Tint

im looking for something that will work with my current alarm i guess. i want 1 remote, and i want my car to start with the push of a button. i do not want to have to rip all the old shit out of the car. that would just suck.

Do You know what model alarm You have in there now?

It may be cheaper to replace the current alarm with a combo device.

If You are up for DIY, I can point You to a kickass Viper for ~$180.

Sry about the semi OT. Can someone pm me the wiring diagram and method of making a remote start work on a 93 civic dx? I have the whole combo thing, but i can’t get it to start.

you have aux outputs on your current system? youll need them if you want to use your alarm remote to start your remote starter… and that only works if the remote starter has a wire for input… which most now days dont…

if you just wire in a basic remote starter (w/out doing anything different w/ the alarm) youll have to carry a 2nd remote to start your car, and when you go to start your other alarm will go off because it thinks somebody is trying to steal it…

just get a whole new alarm/starter… take out what you got and sell it… its not worth the headache to wire them up to work together… personally I’d go w/ a 1W900FM-AS… 1 small remote that starts your car and does the rest of the alarm jazz… cheaper as theres no LCD 2way remote…

of course crimestopper might offer a unit that works with this… but I’ve never played w/ that brand…

the12volt.com has wiring info… also a good 12V forum for all your 12V questions…

| 12V|white |+ |brn conn abv fusebox |
| STARTER|black/white |+ |brn conn abv fusebox |
| IGNITION|black/yellow |+ |brn conn abv fusebox |
| ACCESSORY|yellow |+ |brn conn abv fusebox |
| POWER LOCK|green/white |- |in drivers door *2 |
| POWER UNLOCK|green/red |- |in drivers door *2 |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|red/black | |grn plug top of f-box |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|white/black | |anti-theft module *3 |
| HEADLIGHTS|red/white (low only)|+ |steering column |
| DOOR TRIGGER|lt green/red |- |driver kick panel |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN|grn/blk 2 silv dots |- |blu conn above fusebox |
| FCTRY ALARM ARM|arms with lock | | |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|disarms with unlock | | |
| TACHOMETER|blue *1 | |2-pin plug near distr. |
| BRAKE WIRE|green/white |+ |brake pedal switch |
| HORN TRIGGER|blue/green *4 |- |steering column |

edit: if you don’t really know what youre doing you really shouldn’t mess around… please dont start your car on fire… maybe elaborate more in the electronics section on the forum so you can get some help before you mess anything up…

my crimestopper is pretty nice

adjustable cranking times
stall detection so it makes sure your car will be warm for ya
shuts off after preset amount of time (cars warm, why waste more gas?)
turbo timer mode (hit start button b4 turning off car)
power wire for option of choice (typicly heater fan, just in case you dont leave the fan on when you park the car)

and then all the usual jaz … forget the full list

another note: always use the tach wire… :tup: by using the tach wire the car will always crank just enough to start the car, never more, never less… adjustable cranking means the starter doesnt really know when to stop cranking… you are giving it an estimated time… which is a variable depending on if the car is warm/cold… and you will always either end up not cranking it enough or cranking it too much… :frowning: tach wire is a bit more effort… but it might add a year onto the life of that starter under the hood :tup:

edit: non tach wire installs a nice because they are easier and less time consuming… making remote starter season much better for businesses that use that… (forgot to add the good part of tachless)

take it up to Kustom Workz. they have one for a 5 speed.

^
i will never do business with that guy, he is a complete douche bag
fin.

yea, it has an aux input… its an older alarm, but i thought i saw a remote start add on for it once on the web. idk, hence me asking.

:word:

then You can probably add to it, but for the cost and hassle, I maintain that it’d prolly be more efficient to go new all together.

If You have a model #, then google that sumbitch.

How about a coolant/block heater like I have… they work sexcellent on gassers, and much cheaper.

how is that cheaper then $80?
-and-
Do You have to hook up the extension cord every night? and then plug it in in the a.m.?

I’ve had my rem. start on the truck since a week after I bought, but I’m curious.

i had tought about one of those

oh, and your bowling mofo, we are short this week… actually, im short every week.

tell me more about these coolant/block heaters

what time You guys need to be there?