2001 Audi Allroad - Beat Rig

Oh hell to the YES! This will be my wagon mafia rig for sure. Got the adapter for the M3 wheels coming and the mounting components coming from ECS.

Need wagon mafia sticker NAO!

good luck with this! it seems like theres always one or more of these in our shop at all times.

Oh yeah, no doubt! This thing still needs lower CAs and probably a few other goodies. I have yet to pull the intake manifold to replace the Aux coolant pumpe yet, but I grabbed the parts the other day. Looks like I’ll get to that D/Revers drum in the trans by Feb/March if I can wait that long.

PS: Know anyone in need of some air suspension parts for these piles? I’ll be removing ALL the air shit… It’s a novelty as far as I’m concerned lol!

aight broski, i will keep this in mind. prolly be after the new year anyway.

Just dropped some flex joint on this bucket today, much better. Still have to seal the pinholes up because the upper portions of the pipe are, well, impossible to hit with the welder. Oh well, a HUG improvement over the not connected flexes that were on there.

:slight_smile:

Next on the list - Auxiliary Coolant Pump

Dumb post…But are the coilovers going to eliminate the air suspension??

No such thing as a dumb post. The air suspension will go out and the coil overs will go in their place. The air suspension n these things has a LOT of failure points and it is incredibly costly to fix/maintain.

The bad thing is you remove what really make this an AllRoad, the good thing is you make it about $5-$6000 cheaper to maintain.

lol the suspension magically inflated this evening on the way home… its still coming out!

The reverse thing is a pretty common issue with these auto transmissions. I don’t know the details but it just happened to my friends mom’s A8. A local shop in Scotia/Glenville rebuilt it I believe. He knows them well. Let me know if you are interested in a contact. Putting in a replacement is a bad idea as it’s possible it’ll end up the same way :-/

Yeah total bummer with these transmissions. Guess the end of the drum that contains the clutches lfor drivve and reverse just snaps off! Not that i want to be cheap about it but i think im going to be getting the updated drum anc installing onlynthat depending on how crappy everything is inside the trans when it comex apart. My budget on tbis project is running a little thin but ive got a,most everything needed to get it all done somewhat properly. Though if you have this shops # ill see if they can get me the updated drum or more information on the trans.

Got the aux coolant pump n there today. What a shitty job that was. At least its done now! It has what i can only describe as 90k worth of dried coolant hanging from it…

What was up with those town cars? I remember seeing those squatted all over the place haha

These air suspensions are expensive as hell from the manufacturer. There isn’t much of an aftermarket for these and there aren’t many working used pieces either.

Unlike the chodes who rock the Lincolns all squatted cuz they can’t throw 200 bones down for a coil over replacement, I’ll throw a coil over setup on this rig :slight_smile:

Latest development: The front driver wheel seems to have shifted a couple inches forward… can’t put my finger on it, but I think either the rear front lower control arm is broken, or the front sub-frame has in fact begun to move! That and the upper front control arm ball joint is shot too. Getting down to the rest of the undisclosed issues!

Cool, coilovers sound like a no-brainer then.

Bought some stickers for it. Not really a mod, but some fun stuff never the less.
http://www.ihatestickers.com/images/medium/motorsports/other/IHS-C-ZMBRV_MED.jpg
http://www.ihatestickers.com/images/medium/motorsports/other/IHS-C-SHTYG_MED.jpg
http://www.ihatestickers.com/images/medium/motorsports/other/IHS-C-BAFG_MED.jpg
http://www.ihatestickers.com/images/medium/motorsports/other/IHS-C-DUMPED_MED.jpg
http://www.ihatestickers.com/images/medium/motorsports/other/IHS-C-ADOPE_MED.jpg

LOL “Slammed harder than your Girlfriend.”

Good news, the adapters shipped out today, suspension mounting parts will ship tomorrow, and I should have them by Friday. Maybe Install them on Saturday, but I may just enjoy my weekend for a change. Pics will be up when they come in and when I start work.

Tomorrow I’ll post up updates with of the subframe/control arm issues and the exhaust flex joint job.

So as it turns out, the front lower rear control ar ball joint has in fact shit all over itself. In fact, I believe (this is purely speculation) that the previous owner had experienced this phenomenon before. In any event, I have ordered a new lower front rear position control arm from ECS and it should be here in about a week or two.

In the mean time, this pig will collect dust/snow/shit out in my driveway :slight_smile:

Here are the pics of what a blown apart lower ball joint will do for you:

Pretty sweet…

I’ll post up pictures of the coil over assembly/setup when the suspension mounting parts come in on Friday.

O, BTW, got wagons?

Did you buy this car from some girl?