2001 Audi Allroad - Beat Rig

Love the Volvo wagons! how do you like them? seeing as you seem to overlook reliability lol, are they reliable? what kind of gas mileage are you getting?

Ya know it was bought frim some girl in nisky i guess and i bought it from this dood in colonie/albany.

Yeah audi and reliability… two things that dont belong in the same sentence! Yeah this was for fun only… if u call torture fun :slight_smile: theres something about the look of these things i just cant get over.

The volvos on the other hand are just awesome. They dont as for much. Theyre semi easy to work with. The big problem i have is that there are a little morre proprietary than i would like but then again they arent tuner cars per say. That being said the blue one is already IPD tuned :rofl and it has some real ass now! Very comfortable ride and a nice interior.

Got Some parts in this evening:

The adapters are just awesome. Props to 42 Draft Designs! Very nice machine work here for a great price.

Then I got excited and “assembled” the coil overs:

Depending on how I feel, the wheels might go on for a mock up to see how they fit on there. We’ll see tomorrow!

Disappointed its not on the ground yet

Lol welllll it is and it isnt… unfortunately i wont be able to drive it until that lower ca comes in. I guess it will give me a short break before christmas :slight_smile:

Threw a wheel on there to see how it looks:

Looks pretty spot on! Nice

Gotta admit, didn’t think those wheels would work at all (looks wise), but they look pretty dope on there.

Yeah, I knew it was going to be close, but this is just about as close as I would want it. Can’t wait to stuff the coil overs on this bucket. It’ll be nice to get eh ride quality up a little!

Yeah, I agree with you there! After I did a quick chop up though I was sold on the looks. The color of the car has a lot to do with it IMO. If it was tan, this might not work so well… I like to take leaps here an there to keep things interesting.

I caught some shit on the Audiworld forum for wanting to put BMW wheels on there… That was quickly extinguished once the A) Cost of these was practically nothing and B) fact that these were OEM wheels and were better quality than half the knock off shit some dubbers put on their cars.

Looks good! Not sure if you mentioned it in this thread, but do you plan on doing any body work?

I didnt say anything yet about it, but its very unlikely ill do anything to the body unless it actually starts to bother me. Unfortunately the car is going to be worth a whopping 4500 on a real good day even if everything gets done. Most likely this will not make me much $$ :frowning:

Just an fyi for anyone who may be interested in the car, it will be available for purchase once it is squared away. Most likely be around 4k without the M3 wheels/tires and adapters and u can have the option of getting the body work done for an additional charge ( cheaper than normal obviously). The wheel and tire and adapter combo will go with the car for an additional 600. Chances are good i will be doing the timing on this thing too so thats obviously going to be NO additional cost to the # above.

Should be a slammin car for someone. Ill enjoy it this winter and some of the spring unless someone hits me up sooner :slight_smile:

I might be interested if your fixing the transmission

Oh def i will be fixing the trans for sure! Forgot to mention that, i wouldnt ask that for a car with a messed trans. Ill be taking that out in the next few weeks after the holidays and what not are over. During that time ill probably be doing the timing as well. More project pics, you know!

This is total crap! I have an Allroad, 12 inches of snow, good tires, a dealer plate, and a broken control arm, FML!

let me know if u need any help/parts for the volvos are the timing belts done on them? 105k is when they are due and they are interference engines… check the control arm bushings in thte front they cause crazy pulling problems when they blow out,

Are the all road fender flares textured or can they be painted to match the body. I have always wondered

For sure man! The timing was done on the white one at like 105 and is at 162 (this car has a FULL maintenance book too!). The blue one only has 86k on it so we’re probably looking to do that one sooner than later as it’s just getting old at this point. The bushings are all in good shape with minimal tearing from drying out over the years.

We just did the inner tie rods on the blue one, as well as the strut bearings and upper spring seats. I just took the IPD/MTE tune off to do some more diag on it because I have this weird surge down low when the tune gets applied to the car… I initially thought that maybe there was something wrong with the car, but after I took the tune off… it drives perfect.

Any ideas?

No texture, which is an oddity among plastic parts these days… Also, the black Allroad that I had before had the color matched body panels from the factory. Guess it was an option a couple years down the road.

possible throttle issue when u took the tune off u cleared all the codes so u reset the adaptations or it could be the boost solenoid, oh and timing belts are 105 or 10 years due to the dry rot of the belt, but let me know if the problem comes back i can hook it up to vida (volvo diagnostics computer) and read off the codes and do a throttle test, what year is the one giving u problems?