2001 Audi Allroad - Beat Rig

I thought it could have been those things too. I went ahead and replaced the Boost control solenoid (which was in fact bad) with the IPD unit, replaced the bypass valve spacer and diaphragm, checked the intake/charge piping (I did find that the intake tube was loose and it did nothing when i tightened it lol), and the problem still persists.

I do have a code for an intermittent ecm voltage fault. I anticipate that I will in fact need an ecm for it in the future, but the code has been in there since I picked the car up…

I still have to try and reload the tune again to see if the drive-ability improves this time around, like you said, due to the throttle adaptation process. Looks like we’re due for a timing belt job soon as well :slight_smile:

i do 2-3 tbelts a week on those engines so if u need a hand lmk theres a certain process to set up the cams because they are cvvt hubs too u cant just line up the marks and take the belt off if u do the cams will jump and then u gotta use a sepcial tool to line everything up its quite the pain haha

ugh, bummer! I’ll def let you know!

Depends on year and trim level. Some are textured and gray, some are paint matched.

Just set the crank at TDC and rip it apart. I’ve done 2.8/2.7tt’s a bunch of times. Cake. I do mark them with whiteout just in case anything moves.

i have been looking at Audi wagons for something a little bit bigger than my Subaru but all i turn up is all roads and I hate the 2 tone or beat assed avants in that horrible champagne gold color.

If i can paint the flares on an all road I’ll definitely get one. I want to rice out an a6 98-04 wagon with the reiger kit and some decent wheels to tote my hockey equipment around in

i was talking about the volvo not audi i have never touched a audi t belt or ever want to haha

Yeah, the flares can be painted. They may be textured, but only just if they even are. They are really just a grayish color on this one.

I would most definitely use this thread as a model for what you will encounter on a typical used Allroad/A6. Most of the Air suspension systems are smoked or about to break… they’re a real crapshoot… that and the auto tragic transmission is hit or miss as well. The reason this one is missing reverse is because of a flaw in nearly every zf 5hp19 transmission. Control arm and suspension parts… yeah there are 8 ball joints in the front suspension alone…

On the other hand, they are loaded with all sorts of goodies like the heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, 2-tone leather interior, memory seats on driver and passenger, gnarly AWD system, and tip gearbox/6-speed manual (quite rare). The good thing about these is that they are compatible with just about all the A6 chassis parts (except the suspension, ALL of it). The bad thing, or good, is that the Allroad is geared so you can climb straight up a brick wall… however we have more highways than mountain roads.

The timing on these is sooo simple… after the front end comes off lol!

Just get a black one, it’s not too bad then with the two tone.

http://www.dev2.biz/carimg/68297_1_7058-3_142007.jpg

Same with those XC70 Volvo’s

http://www.goo-net.com/carphoto/40102510_200405.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the setup once you get all the parts in, it sounded wicked when you goosed it leaving the parking lot at work lol

Just in case you ever get bored with one of the Volvo’s the Swedes have you covered, check this out (need a better driver but still): http://youtu.be/CN4HXw7DI68

Finally had the parts I need come in from ECS. Boo on how long it took, but I guess there were 8 holidays in there somewhere…

I will be putting the control arms on this evening or tomorrow night and then Saturday is the day when the suspension will finally go on! EXCITING! :ahh

well i went ahead and put the control arm on last night. went nice and smooth. then i decided to put the rest of the wheels and adapters on as well. ill have some pics up later for everyone!

nice…i love these cars.

And after a long hard battle with the car, we have this:

LOL JK

Have to spread rep but this is awesome and deserving of it. /

Anyone with a VAGCOM setup I can use for a few minutes?

Thanks man! Next step is 1 more upper control arm and the transmission reverse issue.

Replaced one more control arm last night… damn there’s a lot of those things on here!

Scanned the car using the Solus and we have an EGT code and 2 transmission codes; 1 for the TC and the other for the shift lock solenoid… which is working!

This is going to sound really odd but my Lexus throws a shift lock solenoid after sitting store for the winter every year. The FSM says that moisture can build up and cause a voltage drop to short the unit out temporarily it usually goes away as soon as you drive the car for 20+ minutes

That’s an awesome point! I never really thought about it, but the car was sitting for a couple weeks/months before I grabbed it. It’s probably a remnant, like you’re saying, because it is in fact working properly.

Seen you this morning getting on to 87s. Looks good!