2001 Honda Insight

yea emailed last night as soon as i seen it. haven’t heard back yet.

ah cool.

this thing is sick lol. saw it at the track. te’s are looking FRESH

+1 the TE37’s are looking real nice on this thing

thanks guys.

did some work today for the 105k maintenance schedule.

using the garage for the first time. :slight_smile:

installed s2k antennae

this is what a gerbil engine looks like with vvtt33cc.

spark plugs, pcv, air filter

coolant (only needed .75 gallons), waterpump, tensioner, belt, thermostat,

taking off the belt and tension pulley

thermostat (fn cocksucker)

waterpump. the bolt on the left side is a motherfucka like whoa! had to go through a pulley hole to get to it.

all installed

I also did a sway bar endlink today (no pics). the nuts were rusted and i had to cut it off. i need to check out the suspension tomorrow as it’s still making a creaking noise when i go over bumps and go in dips.

race from a dig? be a like a PR race. could be funny and i believe they only come in stick. never seen one in auto. Also very cool project, original and the volks look great on it. + rep

nice work! car is looking good. damn bolts!

nice work! that creak is usually a ball joint. the end links are usually more of a clunking sound.

Try contacting Bisimoto Engineering. Bisi runs an insight drag car and might be able to point you in the right direction.

ok, i fixed the creak/clunk; it was the sway bar end link, like i thought it was since i just installed it.

well, i tried to install my porterfield r4s pads. but looks like something is missing.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/crxgator/pads.jpg

now i have to wait another week to install pads. i need those dam clips otherwise the pad moves around…

not mine, but someone lowered theirs 2". waiting for the to post what they used…

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/attachments/modifications-technical-issues/959d1277071855-first-mods-dsc00948.jpg

Pic doesnt work. I want to see it NAOW :lol

looks really good man i like it . . . its diffrent

well some skank backed into my car when it was parked in front of my house and left. i saw her do it, and she better make it right.

poor little car :frowning: I never liked these cars, but now that everyone is in a money crunch and gas is only going up, they have grown on me. shit with that gas mileage who wouldn’t want one. I get about 42mpg out of my 92 hatch, close to 50 on the highway but ou have me beat

yeah. they are weird looking cars. im actually picking up another one in a few hours.

this one is a 2000 with 146k miles and a bad IMA battery.

http://images.craigslist.org/3n13k93o95U25X65R3a7dc917053eab711052.jpg

Will they still give you one, the batt, under warranty? They are 10yr/150k right?

im not sure, im going to look into it. it’s pretty close, ill have to call corporate honda to see. if they do, this would be a sick pick up then.

one with the dead battery

K20 car. do it.

that’s the point. in the future when funds allow it. :slight_smile: but a free $3500 battery is a free $3500 battery in the mean time. :number1