2001 VW Jetta GLS

So somebody in my unit was selling this while I was looking for a Jetta. He gave me and awesome deal on it and my parents are going to pick it up sometime next week while he is home on leave. Just picked this up as a daily driver and to keep miles down on my truck since its getting up there.

I am immediately blacking out the taillights(because they are gay) when I get home and looking for stock ones to black out. Also getting all the rust fixed as soon as my parents get it home. Came with a carbon fiber hood that I am going to sell when they get it. I will post pictures and ask how much I can get for it.

Mods:
K&N air filter
Coilovers
Turbo back exhaust (not sure what kind I think Magnaflow)
Stage 1 clutch
Window Tint(not really a mod)
Gay Taillights
Halo projector heads
Tuning Chip

Looks good and has potential.

With rust spots, license plate and tails fixed it will be a great daily as long as none of the VW gremlins pop up.

haha what wrong with the license plate?

Rear plate sits about as straight as a circle.

Oh haha thought you meant where he had the front plate. I think missing a screw

What motor is in it? 1.8t I’m assuming you’ll be loving the mpgs too lol.

yeah 1.8T 5Spd

Nice. Welcome to the 30+ MPG club!

Haha thanks man. Whats funny is the difference between what my truck gets for MPG’s and what my Jetta gets for MPG’s is higher than what the truck gets haha.

If that was confusing let me know haha

I got it. (jetta mpg) - (truck mpg) > (truck mpg). Lol

Yeah what he^^ said haha

Trunk… I have pics that will inspire you when I get back to the shop. We just primed a GLS trunk that we shaved the emblem off. Came out tits. I can fix that dent and rust, and shave it for you too, then shoot it red for ya.

Hood too… We are making a custom BOSER hood for a jetta at the shop too. Construction on that will start in a week or two. If you didnt want the boser look, I can fix the rust and shave the notch and you can put a color matched badgeless center grill on.

Exhaust too… as you know. :slight_smile: $75 ebay 3" stainless downpipe is good, I used 2 on my personal 1.8ts and havnt had an issue with them at all. NO need to buy some $300 APR thing. If you get the tune and cat delete, I can make a 3" turbo back wayyyy easier and cheaper than the truck was. Ill post pics of the quick toss what I had laying around turbo back I did on my jetta one night. (stock dp broke and i figured I would play around with making one from scrap tube I had) Magnaflows sound the best IMO on these motors. Either a larger standard type muffler out back, or 1 or 2 3" in./out 5" outside dia case mufflers sound good too. one under the center of the car, and the other out back in the stock location behind the bumper.

Chip. if you never want to go built motor and big turbo. APR with cat delete, IMO delete, APR Tune enabled, and all the extra options they offer is the way to go. If you want big turbo later, DO NOT GO APR.

edit, i guess the mods list was already on the car. aka the exhaust and tune. LOL NM on that then… lets get that trunk and hood lookin purdy!

Sounds good man. I want to keep the grill black I like that and I was thinking about blacking the hood and trunk maybe flat black. Didnt know if that would look good or not opinions? Also I was gonna do the emblems black but let me see the pics and then I will make my decision.

Remove head lights tail lights and chip. These cars chipped on stock turbo usually don’t last all that long. small turbo hates big boost.
Boost pressure is controlled by the computer so Im sure the chip or flash has some more boost in the tables.

really wtf haha I will prolly keep it the way it is and bring it down to see Mike when I get home and have him check it out for me.

That poor little Ko3S will spike to 22psi chipped but 4500-redline it will never hold more than 15-18psi. anything past that is heat more than anything anyways. Ill do a data log and see what tune it has and how its running for him.

heres the trunk we just shaved. going on a BMP jetta. Also doing a boser for the hood too.

Found out the chip is a Revo stage 1

Cool. They were mellower tunes IRC.

Nice so I can keep the chip. I am going to have mike do the Boser hood and the shaved trunk and fix the rust and such. Shes gonna look perty. I will have to get some pics when I get home and jack up the truck and lower this a little more haha