2003 impala sites?

anyone one know of any good impala sites? i just bought a 2003 and was looking for info. it has a 3.8…

www.clubgp.com could prob help.

or www.3800pro.com

it doesn’t have a fartcan on it does it? i seen an impala today with flat black wheels and a fartcan. i felt bad for the person. i should have stopped and offered him a dollar or something

no way… its all stock.

you car is a w-body soo http://w-body.com/

x2 your not gonna find any more information anywhere else.

lol, make sure you use the search button on clubgp.

i have a 2003 impala…what is it that you want to know?

get rid of cat, u-bend and resonator. big gains for minimal money

After that you could add some PEM’s, DP, Intake, and a PCM. In the long run your need to go turbo for big power because its a turd just like mine.

i love the 03 body style. very nice lookin car. the motor is kinda peppy once u get it in the higher rpms, but the gearin is all focked. way too much highway gear, but thats why it gets 30mpg. thats gettin it done for a 3.8 V6 and a big car. low end is not there. dont know why they need traction control on those things lol. you can full stall it up, and floor it in the rain and only get the tires to chirp alittle with TC off lol

oh snap look at orr cuttin up on w-bods!!!..but yeah, our cars are pretty much slugs :wink:

they’d be nice if you add some gear to them… first gear goes on forever…the cars not a race car so it has cruising highway gears in them. deeper gears and it be peppy for sure… but yeah, that GTP blown motor in them would be great as well, like the SS version. but on those cars, i dont like the wheels and the rear spoiler. give me SS powertrain with LS wing and wheels, and you got urself a great daily driver

i beat a late 70s 4 speed vette in my dads car…and its totally stock! lol

our? you mean yours :smiley:

j/k :bigthumb:

:finger:

GTPs have 2.93s and GTs have 3.29s. I want some 3.69s but I’d have to reprogram the pcm. iirc mine tops out 1st at 45 with 6k shifts

i dont really need to know anything in particular but when i had my 01 neon the sites i found were helpful when things did go wrong and its good to read over forums to see what the problem areas of the car are. i actually didnt know the car was a w body.what are the specs of the 2003 3.8 impala?

well the only problems we have had with it is the brake rotors warped around 30K miles i believe. produced a bad shutter. now its doing it again, i think its up over 60K now…and i believe its cuz how my dad drives… tends to be hard on the brakes

also the change oil light comes on for some reason even after its been changed. the traction control light saying traction active came on a few times even tho the car wasnt losing traction…it was sittin still. lol mainly just minor electrical/computer problems or so. doesnt effect the running of the car. cant think of anything else right now.

it has a good stereo for a stock car tho. nice bass in it. CD player sometimes wont fully eject CD’s tho. but no biggie. ride is fairly soft and comfortable…some road noise tho, more than i’d like from a daily driver sedan family car.

trans shifts smooth… motor is 3.8 with about 200hp 5200rpm…225 lb ft at 4000rpm. main specs can be found at autotrader here
http://www.autotrader.com/research/model_info/modelinfo_technicalspecs.jsp?vehicle_number=100156757&y=7&x=54&modelList=100502748&restype=used&makeList=Chevrolet&yearList=2003

the oil change reset is to press the gas 3 times in 5 seconds, key on engine off.

stick a stock NA 3.8 on the dyno and it’d make about 165whp. Biggest restriction is the exhaust, not so much the catback but the manifolds, downpipe and resonator. those gotta be the first to go or any other mods are useless. valve train work gives the best gains after exhaust, whether it be cam or high ratio rockers, both will be very noticable. The aftermarket isn’t small, you can get new runners, throttlebody, pcm, intake, heads, headers, anything. Any kind of suspension, brakes, it’s all available

whothehellwouldbuyanimpala.com/seriously.wtf?

fixed